NMSS Teleconference - Snappy Comebacks for "But you look so good!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMSS Teleconference - Snappy Comebacks for "But you look so good!"

As a rule, I don't usually promote teleconferences since there are so many of them that's all I'd be doing, but I have to make an exception for this one. One of the life coach speakers is good friend Caitlin Anderson, who rocks it out even with PPMS. (Not only that, she is currently involved in an NIH study for primary progressive MS and flies to Baltimore regularly to get poked and prodded.) - Dave

Teleconference
    Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012
    Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM CST

You can RSVP for this event online.

People with invisible symptoms of MS must constantly adjust to the differences between how they feel “inside” and how the world reacts to them when they “look so good” on the outside. Family members, friends, employers, even doctors may doubt the validity of invisible symptoms, or they may be less than understanding of symptoms like fatigue, pain, cognitive problems, heat sensitivity, and dizziness. When people question you often enough, you may even begin to doubt your own perceptions.

If this describes you, you won’t want to miss our next teleconference: Snappy Comebacks to “But You Look So Good!” Join us on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 from 7:00 – 8:00 pm CST as our two speakers address the challenges you face and equip you with responses to those challenges. Spend an hour on the phone with us, and take away added knowledge and support to assist your daily challenges of living with MS.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...tail&id=284870
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

While I admit, it must be nice to get positive comments like "But you look so good...." What about when you constantly get comments like "Did you hurt your leg?" It particularly irritates me when I get asked constantly that question, at the gym, etc. (because of my limp). I wish I could come up with a snappy comeback for that, the best one I can think of is, "That is just the way I walk" and quickly change the subject. Especially since not many people know about my MS and I want to keep it that way (for now anyway, until I come to terms with it).

Comment

Working...
    X