Restarted my gym membership!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarted my gym membership!

I've been going off and on to my local gym for the past year, once or twice a month. But now that my immune system is solid and we're well past the January/February crunch, I've decided to get back into it. I probably won't go every day since I've got a good setup at home, but this will be a good boost to my fitness routine. Plus it'll give me access to the pool and other cardio equipment. Should be fun!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Got on the exercise bike, something I never do at the gym since I have one at home, and one that accepts my bike shoes. But for grins I tried the recumbent without any straps. And for the quick 10 minutes I was on the exer-cycle, my right foot never flew off the pedal and never came close. It stayed planted just like my left. That was a surprise! I gave up trying to pedal w/o bike shoes over three years ago....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
      Got on the exercise bike, something I never do at the gym since I have one at home, and one that accepts my bike shoes. But for grins I tried the recumbent without any straps. And for the quick 10 minutes I was on the exer-cycle, my right foot never flew off the pedal and never came close. It stayed planted just like my left. That was a surprise! I gave up trying to pedal w/o bike shoes over three years ago....
      Well done Dave! You should next try the spin class! It is quite a challenge but so well worth it and lots of fun!

Comment

Spin class? I've done spin classes and know how hard they can be. I'm looking for a "slowly rotating" class instead. More my speed, ha.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Stella, you'll be glad to know I got on a spin bike yesterday. There was just one small problem: I couldn't get my feet in the cages--they would keep spinning upside down. I finally used one of my forearm crutches to spin and hold the pedal to the correct angle so I could get a foot in. Presto! But after I did that, I realized the seat was too low and I would have to get off, adjust, and start from scratch. So I moved to a recumbent bike. Ah, next time...
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
            Stella, you'll be glad to know I got on a spin bike yesterday. There was just one small problem: I couldn't get my feet in the cages--they would keep spinning upside down. I finally used one of my forearm crutches to spin and hold the pedal to the correct angle so I could get a foot in. Presto! But after I did that, I realized the seat was too low and I would have to get off, adjust, and start from scratch. So I moved to a recumbent bike. Ah, next time...
            LOL, that's a start, Dave! Speaking of spin class, been doing really well. Every Friday faithfully so far for 45 minutes. A trick the instructor taught me for adjusting the seat is to stand next to it and adjust it level to your hip. Saves a lot of time jumping up and down to adjust the seat. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X