Conference call with insurance company tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conference call with insurance company tomorrow

Oh, such fun. Since coverage is now approved for my study for 2012+, I asked for my 2011 costs (about $1K or so) to be covered by Presbyterian Health Plan as well. Couldn't hurt. They initially said no way, but then their docs reviewed the policy and because it is so fuzzy for 2011 (allowing a far more risky transplant than the one I received), they reversed that decision. Yeah!

But wait. They now say that while I was eligible in 2011 (even though their policy still clearly denied my exact treatment and followup) since I didn't get preapproval, I am still being denied. What? Really? After pounds of paper denying me and no sign of change in 2011, Presbyterian Health Plan wants to bust me on a bogus technicality? I read the policy. I was not eligible as worded, hence I did not ask for permission. Duh.

This argument I know I will win. BTW I submitted my videos for additional evidence even though they have little to do with the case just to make those on the call aware of what I've been through. And if you panel members have stumbled here after watching said videos, thank you for your time and I look forward to our chat.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

It went well. The PHP reps were only prepared to hear my case regarding getting prior approval, not the fact that the policy is worded incorrectly to begin with on my particular SCT. I should know their decision soon.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

This is the kind of thing I think of whenever people argue that universal health coverage would drown us with red tape and bureaucracy! Here's hoping it all works out the right way.

Comment

Approved! Granted this was less than $500 (two doc appointments), but that's at least money back in my pocket. Well, eventually....
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X