Washington, DC: Therapeutic Yoga Weekly Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington, DC: Therapeutic Yoga Weekly Class

My sis Kathryn spotted this class in DC. But it is a bit restrictive. It's on the third floor! Sigh. - Dave

--------------

Therapeutic Yoga Weekly Class comes to Flow

When: Every Sunday - 11:15am - 12:45pm

This class, taught by Megan Davis, is appropriate for students who are working with physical limitations (i.e. acute and chronic injuries, spinal conditions, arthritis, nerve problems, and cardiovascular issues). The very gentle class will move at a much slower pace and we will use chairs to help limit difficult transitions from standing to seated postures.

This class is limited to 8 to ensure individual attention, appropriate modifications for each student and optimal conditions for healing. If you or someone you know is interested in attending, we recommend signing up early to ensure a space by visiting us online.

http://www.flowyogacenter.com/

Please note that this class is held on the 3rd floor and we do not have an elevator so students need to be physically able to climb two flights of stairs. The cost for each class session is $20. If you are not able to attend this group class, Megan is available for private one-on-one sessions.

Megan's Approach:
    Therapeutic or adaptive yoga is increasing in popularity and can be a crucial part of managing an injury or chronic condition. I have developed this class to serve the needs of students who are interested in moving deeper into the body in a gentle and supportive way and for students who are not physically able to attend regular group yoga classes. In working with students who have joint replacements, orthopedic injuries, arthritis, scoliosis, chronic pain, immune system disorders and nervous system disorders I have realized that there are almost no group class options for many of these students in DC. My hope is that this class will fill a need by providing a small class environment for people who need individual attention. This class will function as a semi-private. I will teach to who shows up and we will work together with the ultimate goal of increasing movement and function and decreasing pain.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X