REVIEW: New cooling vest gets high marks for style, stealthiness, comfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW: New cooling vest gets high marks for style, stealthiness, comfort

Cooling vest manufacturers are continually upping their game, and Glacier Tek’s new Flex Vest, introduced in 2016, improves in all the right areas on a perennial ActiveMSers favorite. Their original Concealable RPCM has always been a standout performer in our tests, even though it lacked the comfort and concealability (despite the name) of other vests. The Flex Vest is an about face, easily one of the most comfortable vests on the market today and arguably one of the best to wear under clothes.

FULL REVIEW:
    http://activemsers.org/glaciertekflexvest.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I love your reviews -- that's how I found the site in the first place.

Do you think there would be an option to get female perspectives on the gear you review?

I don't see this one being concealable for a curvy woman like myself. The company itself shows a woman holding the vest open, but not actually zipped up and on, and she looks fairly thin / not large breasted.

The sizing chart they offer doesn't really work with bust size even though they say to buy the larger of the chest / waist size.

You rock!!
    g1
    girl1dir =)

Comment

G1D, for most of the gear I get the female perspective, especially for adjustable vests. Since I was only sent one size to test for this particular vest (L), I need a woman who will fit it properly. Laura is a little too small and my sis has been sick, but I hope to add that perspective with pics in the coming weeks. If she is unavailable, perhaps another local will volunteer to try it out? Hmm, who could that be.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave,

If you need another vest in a different size to have someone try, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
          G1D, for most of the gear I get the female perspective, especially for adjustable vests. Since I was only sent one size to test for this particular vest (L), I need a woman who will fit it properly. Laura is a little too small and my sis has been sick, but I hope to add that perspective with pics in the coming weeks. If she is unavailable, perhaps another local will volunteer to try it out? Hmm, who could that be.
          Yes, I "1dir" where you could find such a volunteer.
          girl1dir =)

Comment

You have mail. I think between you and a few others in ABQ, we should have enough vest volunteers for sizing and fit. Thanks!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Got it, Dave. =)
              girl1dir =)

Comment

Thx for the info

I really appreciate the info about cooling vests. I think I'll order one today. I too am a curvy MS'r and am in a wheelchair. More photos would be helpful but far bE it from me to complain....you've done a great service for all of us! Where do I find the code for 20% off?

Comment

Flammable?

This may sound like a REALLY WEIRD question, but what is the flame retardant rating on cooling vests?

I drag race.
                  I wear a fire jacket.
                  I need to wear cooling gear so I can be active in the thing I love.
                  I do refuse to add items that are flammable to my body on race days.

Which leaves me to figure out which things my fit the curvy parts, may work for hours (which I don't think is really an option), and won't catch on fire in case of a wreck.

Any suggestions where to start looking for something that meets these strict requirements?

=)
                  girl1dir =)

Comment

G1D, most of the vests sold today are not flammable, as many were originally developed for the military and industrial uses. I'd ask to be sure, but you should be good to roll. My recommendation would be the First Line Technology vest, as it lasts a long time and is comfortable for driving. I'll let you check out mine when we connect.
                    Dave Bexfield
                    ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                    X