New (and bad-ass) cooling shirt reviewed by ActiveMSers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (and bad-ass) cooling shirt reviewed by ActiveMSers

ActiveMSer Aliènne AJ Morrione, an avid triathlete with multiple sclerosis, extensively tested the newly release FROS-T Sports bra and sleeveless shirt. She subjected the cooling gear to a cornucopia of weather to see how well it would work (humid to dry, warm 80s to hot 90s). It was also field tested for effectiveness during swimming, biking, and running. The manufacturers claim the apparel’s sensors are 10-20 degrees cooler than outside temperature for up to 2 hours. Are they? Here are Aliènne’s findings.

http://www.activemsers.org/gear/reviewcoolingshirt.html

Thanks for the thorough review, Aliènne!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Here's another interesting update from the tester... - Dave

Hi Dave,
    Just a footnote. I am also an RN and I suggested the shirt/bra to a patient ( with MS) who does indoor workouts but was still overheating despite controlled air conditioning. She has worn it for 3 workouts indoors and was able to complete all three.( normally she would not be able to finish due to fatigue after overheating). So they work well for indoors also.
    Best
    Aliènne
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Fros-T is retooling and will have products launching this spring. I've taken down their review from the main website (although the link above still works) temporarily until they are ready to roll again. Their new website is here:

http://www.fros-t.com/FROS-T.html
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Any idea when they will be up again? I live in upstate NY and we are having weird weather. It is in the 80's when we usually have snow. Its time to stay cool.
        Thanks
        Jill

Comment

No word yet. I'll drop them another line for an update....
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Please hurry!

Yes, it's already terribly hot and already can't stay outside. Dave, please let us know as soon as they are available. Thanks!!!

Robin

Comment

Another option to consider: the IZI Dry Pro Shirt, which weighs 10 oz charged, 5 oz uncharged. You'll need to scroll down the pdf to see it. I've got an e-mail into their sales manager for Europe about testing and purchasing....

http://www.izibodycooling.com/FINAL%...2020110912.pdf
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

The folks are Frost-T are not returning my e-mails, so I would say it is highly unlikely they will be relaunching their cooling shirt anytime soon. The IZI shirt mentioned above is the new best option for ultra lightweight evaporative cooling.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

This was posted on their website last month:
                  http://www.fros-t.com/Page_6.html

June 2012

Thank you for contacting FROST Cooling Apparel.

To all FROS-T "Chill Gear" customers

We are so excited about our most recent findings to enhance the cooling technology of our FROS-T products. In the next 30 - 45 days we will announce and make available our newest and coolest FROS-T Cooling products with our latest cooling technology.

Our newest and coolest FROS-T products will continue to enhance and improve your overall performance while keeping you COOL throughout your entire workout, athletic events or day to day activity.

Please forward your email address to sales@fros-t.com and once we make our announcement you will be the first to hear and purchase the newest COOLEST technology to hit the apparel world.

We promise you it will send CHILLS up and down your entire body.

BE COOL FROS-T fans and as always, thank you for your continued support!!!

For any questions about our products, please email or call:

sales@fros-t.com
                  (904) 993-4026

BE COOL!!!

Thank you!!!!
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                  X