Active and ... in denial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active and ... in denial?

Is it just me? Or does a person who fights to stay active more at risk of denying the fact that they may have MS? I come up with a thousand excuses, i.e., migraines, pinched nerve, anemia, not in shape, hypochondriac... etc. Am I the only one?

I love this forum. Thank you so much for maintaining it!

I don't think so, I'm very aware i have MS I just refuse to let it keep me down! There are some days it kicks my butt, but those are the days i fight harder to keep the ability to walk and do things. The way I see it is if i don't fight through the pain and fatigue then its easier to just give up and let the disease ravage my body and leave me with just a shell. I prefer to be up stumbling around with my crutches and fighting to ride a bike than that! So no denial here, just pure determination to keep moving!

Comment

Yep, I'm with Krista - I am all too aware of MS, but I refuse to let the MonSter scare me into hiding under the covers. I do struggle with figuring out what is MS and what is laziness, normal tiredness, boredom, etc. I try very hard not to use it as an excuse to quit an activity early just because I'm "fatigued". Then again, sometimes I pay pretty dearly for that, but it is worth it!

I gotta say, finding out a *reason* for all this weird stuff going on has actually been a huge blessing, not a curse. So nope, I'm perfectly fine with not looking for any more trouble!

Comment

Great attitudes!

I completely agree with both of you. I tend to tune out of a lot of message boards because they dwell so much on the negative. I really try to push through and move forward. I do spend a lot of time trying to remember what is "normal" for a person and what is MS. I also still hold out thinking I may be misdiagnosed or something but I know with my symptoms, this isn't true most likely. Sometimes, I am shaken to reality after a fall or a walk straight into a wall, but I try really hard to keep pressing on. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Ditto Slugger -- I was relieved to have an answer. To know why the silly symptoms happened ('member, PPMS thus no relapses or exasperations ever).
          And 'member instead of MonSter -- it can also mean More Sex, right?

Comment

Working...
          X