Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRIT Freedom Chair, a lightweight, manual wheelchair for the trail designed by MIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRIT Freedom Chair, a lightweight, manual wheelchair for the trail designed by MIT

Fellow active MSer Aaron turned me on to this trick manual wheelchair. Lightweight, simple, affordable(ish), portable, easy to repair, and durable. This might be just the ticket to get me back out on the trail. Aaron will have more thoughts once he is done testing it!

http://www.gogrit.us/

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Here are all the current all-terrain wheelchairs available according to GRIT, who assembled this list. The prices can get pretty eye-popping high!

http://www.gogrit.us/news/2015/12/21...in-wheelchairs
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Contacted the folks at GRIT to see if I could get a tester. Will let you all know what they say.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Chatting with the MIT brains behind GRIT today or tomorrow. Hopefully we can make arrangements for an extended test. Stay tuned!
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Talked with the CEO and chief technology officer from GRIT this morning. They are on the ball and working feverishly to keep up with demand. Currently their chairs are spoken for by customers and a sample won't be available for a test until fall. We'll be reconnecting then and I am looking forward to putting the GRIT Freedom Chair through its paces. Updates to come!
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

The GRIT chair is scheduled to arrive via UPS today for a week or so of testing. This review will be combined with the Mountain Trike for a look at the best off road wheelchairs. Should be a fun test!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Note that GRIT is currently offering $250 off, free shipping, and $400 worth of accessories for the holidays (Code: JOY250).
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
              X