HOUSTON: Me, live!!! (Mar 11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOUSTON: Me, live!!! (Mar 11)

The Multiple Sclerosis Foundation is sponsoring me for MS Awareness Month to speak in Houston, my first MS talk outside of New Mexico (I accept very few speaking invitations). I requested the Astrodome, but the Sheraton works too. If you are within driving distance, I'll make it worth your while to be there. Heck, if you are within flying distance I'll make it worth it! (Uh, maybe bring a hard hat. Cause it's gonna rain funny!)

Flex Your MS Muscle
    Presented by:
    Dave Bexfield
    Founder of ActiveMSers

Monday, March 11th, 2019
    Complimentary Dinner & Program: 6:30-8 p.m.

2400 West Loop south
    Houston, TX 77027
    For directions: 713-586-2444

Park in the self-parking area and bring your parking ticket into the event for validation.

RSVP is required as space is limited. Call Walter at 1-888-673-6287 Ext.163

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Ha, is this your Ted Talk? At least you're a pro at public speaking if the MS 150 in New Mexico is any indication. Will there be film at 9:00, a replay, I'd love to see it. Good luck!

Ps: I gotta give a 5 minute talk to my MS 150 bike team, LIKE IN THREE DAYS. I'm sweating bullets - got any advice - anybody???

Help,
    AMF

Comment

Larry, how did it go!?

And for those curious, Laura will also be at my talk so y'all get to meet her.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Yeah, well at least nobody threw food at me. I tried to model my talk after a Moth Story https://themoth.org/ but I might have missed my target audience. Rather than a personal experience story, it probably should have been a more up beat, cheer leader, fund raising oriented talk. Oh well, I learned something.

Glad to see you're doing this, I always found your talks informational and enjoyable. Besides, with Laura at your side you can't miss!

Best of luck,

Larry
        Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 02-28-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Busy getting ready. It's gonna be a hoot. And afterward, beer at the hotel bar for anyone who wants to join!
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave! I am sorry I missed your visit ! I wasn’t able to go. Do you got pics or maybe a wry commentary on your Texan welcome?!? I hope you got a chance to take in a bit of Rodeo, or nibble on a bit of some lone star barbecue....😉

Comment

Talk went well despite an audio hiccup with the videos (they got it fixed). About 100 folks, but only a handful of ActiveMSers! But perhaps some of the others may join.

I think people enjoyed the energy of the talk, and that it was so different from most MS talks. But I heard from a couple that my "language" could be improved. I did use the word "ass" and "damn" perhaps too frequently, and tried to bleep out the rest in my videos.

Went to our favorite haunts during our brief visit. The Menil, the fine art museum (Van Gogh exhibit), Uchi, and Hugo's. Feasts for the eyes and tummy!
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
              X