Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were competing in the 2012 Summer Olympics, what would be your sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were competing in the 2012 Summer Olympics, what would be your sport?

Here's a list of the sports involved in the 2012 Games (rugby and golf will be added in 2016). Two questions.

a) What sport would you participate in currently (yes, with your MS) if you had dedicated your life to training for said sport on your quest to become the first person diagnosed with MS to take gold.

b) If you didn't have MS, what sport would you likely have medaled in? You know, if you had decided to become an Olympic athlete, train a lifetime and all....

archery
    badminton
    basketball
    beach volleyball
    boxing
    canoe / kayak
    cycling
    diving
    equestrian
    fencing
    field hockey
    gymnastics
    handball
    judo
    modern pentathlon
    rowing
    sailing
    shooting
    soccer / football
    swimming
    synchronized swimming
    table tennis
    taekwondo
    tennis
    track and field
    triathlon (swimming, biking, running)
    volleyball
    water polo
    weightlifting
    wrestling
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

a) Archery maybe, with an outside chance of medaling in shooting. Kayak and sailing, as they are often seated adventures, are options, too, but I really can't expect to master four events.

b) Fencing. I was the champ at my high school. And by "champ" I mean I beat eight other guys in my high school gym class. But still, I had the touch!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Funny you should ask. When I was in 8th grade, I was formulating a plan to make a run for the 1996 Olympics....equestrian. Sadly, I did not get far. Life had other plans for me.

With or without MS, I would have gone equestrian. It was actually my childhood dream.

Comment

A) Cycling of course, probably the time trial.

B) Sailing. Skimming across the water under sail has always been my real passion. I actually crewed on this boat in a weekend fun race once. It was the thrill of a lifetime.

http://www.fastisfun.com/wizwisdom/magicbus.html
        Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 08-06-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

a. Track cycling. I would love to get a handcycle high up the banks!!!!! Also archery, I was a crack shot with a bow, never used sights, did it all by feel.

b. Cycling. I would want to medal in all disiplines in the same Olimpics.

Comment

Although I would love the equestrian, I'm afraid I'd be limited to badminton. My brother and I used to play when we were in high school.

Or maybe table tennis.

Comment

Working...
            X