From barely walking... to Ironman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From barely walking... to Ironman

New on ActiveMSers, the story of Mark Van Meter, an inspiration for all of us!

http://activemsers.org/yourstories/ironmanmark.html

Submit your story to: mystory@activemsers.org
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

We Keep Moving Campaign

My MS story was chosen from 800+ entries as an inspiring story for a campaign which is being run by the National MS Society. There are 30 finalists that were chosen. A camera crew is going to come to a different family's home for 10 weeks (1 per week) and film their interaction with their family and share how each family lives and deals with MS. So each week 3 of the finalists are voted on and one of them is chosen.

My MS story (one of three) is currently up for voting in the “We Keep Moving” campaign and ends Thursday, March 18. This has been a big dream for me as an advocate to share with as many people as possible about MS. Please share this message with others to go online and vote for me.

My goals are as follows:
    1. Share with others a day in my life with MS (my advocate story) in video format
    2. Emphasize that I have relapsing MS, that there are other cases in which a life like mine would not be possible (raise awareness of MS)
    3. Emphasize that proven drug therapy is the primary portion of keeping my MS stabilized. It is what keeps me healthy to stay on top of exercise and family.

The voting site can be found at: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/we-...ing/index.aspx located in a blue box to the middle right of the web page that says “vote now”.

You will be signed up for e-mails from Novartis which you can immediately have removed by calling 1-866-MS-LISTS (1-866-675-4787) or responding back to a cancellation link in any one of the e-mails that are sent to you from Novartis.

Have a great one and thanks for all your support!
    Mark

Comment

Your journey is inspiring. Keep on!
      Whatever does not begin with God will end in failure.

Comment

Working...
      X