Modifying the Alinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying the Alinker

A neighbor of mine, after seeing my review of the Alinker, purchased one for himself. He has Sporadic Inclusion Body Myositis (IBM). "This rare condition, recognized by the Muscular Dystrophy Association, causes a steady and progressive atrophy of the muscles, generally starting in the quadriceps and forearms. There is no known cause, cure, or treatment, although there is some evidence that appropriate exercise seems to slow down the rate of decline in some patients."

To help his IBM, he actually turned the handlebars around and changed up the seat so he can walk fully standing, sitting down only when needed. Naturally, he's an engineer. But of course! Check out his tweaks here:

https://www.mjh-nm.net/IBM/Alinker-IBM.HTML
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I love your neighbor’s spirit and grit to tweak the alinker to allow for him to walk fully standing to meet his specific needs! The available standing walkers on market don’t exactly meet my needs and I ponder ways to modify one to help me have better endurance standing while cooking. I love cooking in the kitchen and But I use up my energy quickly.

Comment

Working...
    X