No announcement yet.

Why I Bought A Honda Minivan That Cost About As Much As A New Porsche Cayenne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Bought A Honda Minivan That Cost About As Much As A New Porsche Cayenne

Hahaha, I could have written this article! I have the same minivan. I call it my not Maserati. -D

We knew this day would come, but we were hoping to squeeze another year or two out of our 2008 Sienna XLE. The van, however, had other plans. After a few clues that it was about to give up, the van expired. That put me on the journey to spend about $75,000 on a Honda Odyssey.

Those of you who have been reading my posts for a while have learned that in addition to my 2015 GTI, our family car is a 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE with a BraunAbility conversion. We have that van because my wife is a wheelchair user due to a spinal cord injury she sustained in 2001. The Toyota was not her first van; prior to that she had a 2003 Ford Windstar with a VMI conversion. The Ford gave her some freedom and independence soon after her recovery and allowed her to get back to college. But like most Fords of that vintage, its reliability became questionable when it hit the 75,000-mile mark. We replaced it with the 2008 Sienna right before we got married.

https://jalopnik.com/here-is-why-i-b...-as-1845436707
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X