Been Active? (2014, 1st half)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Active? (2014, 1st half)

Hi Everyone -- Man, oh, man. Can you believe 2014 is half over already? It's been a while since I started a "been active" thread. I hope everyone's had a great year so far, full of many exciting adventures. Below is a quick look-see at what I've been up to. Feel free to join in and let everyone know what you've been up to as well.

January: Went to see Enter the Dragon with some friends at my favorite Film Bar. There's nothing like watching a bunch of crazy, slightly intoxicated people compete in a 1" punch contest before the movie where the target is one of those old school, blow-up punching bag clowns. I also attended a birthday/house warming party which was tons of fun.

February: Went to an Asian New Year celebration at a co-worker's house. They had an entire roasted pig and more food than I've even seen in one house (and I'm Italian). Of course I had to try a little bit of everything. Some of the kids were even dressed up in traditional outfits. They were so cute. February also brought the Matsuri Festival which is always a favorite.

March: Went on a tour of Arizona's very own one and only bourbon distilling company. It was very interesting learning how they make not only bourbon but gin as well [of course I had to buy a bottle]. I also went to see William Close and the Earth Harp Collective in concert at one of our art centers. Here's a link in case you don't know who they are: http://williamandtheearthharp.com/

April: Let see -- April was busy. It brought (1) a friend's 50th birthday party, (2) a Diamondbacks v. Dodgers baseball game, (3) Chihuly After Dark at our local zoo, (4) an old west style campside dinner and show, (5) and a trip up north for our annual martial arts weekend getaway [where they once again let slightly off-balanced me handle live-bladed swords]. If you ever see a Chihuly After Dark exhibit happening near you, I recommend checking it out. The displays are even more beautiful under lights in the evening.

May: May was quite which is a good thing as I really needed to recoup from April ... just a wine-tasting, a massage, and a friend's 40th birthday party - not all at the same time.

June: June was busy again (despite the heat). Phoenix Comicon happened and I managed to gather up enough energy to actually attend two days. Such great costumes and panels. I just wish it wasn't in the summer so I could dress up without worrying about overheating. With some creative nap scheduling I also managed to stay up long enough to attend a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show with friends. I'm pretting sure the amount of people where it was held broke several code violations, but it was good fun. Last but not least I saw Playing for Change in concert last night. Here's a link in case you don't know who they are: http://playingforchange.com/home/

Well, that's what I've been up to. Your turn....

be well,
    AZgal

P.S. Almost forgot. I recently got this awesome very light-weight skulls and snakes walking cane that I've started using. Dave suggested I post a picture of it here. I'm giving you the link instead. That way you can see it and also have the opportunity to browse the other awesome designs they have in case you're in the market. http://www.fashionablecanes.com/80432.html
    Last edited by AZgal; 06-26-2014, 01:13 PM.
Working...
X