No announcement yet.

To boost or not to boost

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To boost or not to boost

    Im certainly sick of this quandary. But in case you are unaware, there is a bivilent covid booster available. In US, its moderna or pfizer. The updated booster targets Omicron subvariants BA.4 and BA.5, and the original strain of the COVID-19 virus.
    The cdc says to wait at least 3 months since prior booster. If you had covid then cdc says to "consider" waiting 3 months from dx but based on vagueness, i wld ck with your doctor.
    A preprint and unpeer reviewed study says it benefits pwms. (Hey its the best we got )
    "Although SARS-CoV-2 specific humoral immune responses remain quantitatively impaired, in those anti-CD20 treated pwMS who do develop SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, the functionality of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, including neutralizing antibodies against Omicron, improves after three and four SARS-CoV-2 vaccinations, supporting current recommendations for one or two booster vaccination in anti-CD20 treated pwMS."

    I haven't got this booster yet bc I got a non covid bug going around my daughter's school.and was waiting to feel better.

    I hope you all are doing ok. If you got bivilent booster, it wld be great if you cld tell us your experience! Stay well! ❤️

  • #2
    I received the new booster this week and suffered through a couple days of feeling blah, and a slight uptick in body temperature. I’m hoping that this new variant will provide some benefits . I just don’t want to keep getting these boosters every 3-4 months. I really have to plan for not feeling well after the injections.


    • #3
      We both got the Pfizer version of the new booster in October. Both had mild side effects--my MSer spouse a bit more than me. We have found the Pfizer boosters much easier in terms of side effects than the Moderna--we both went through a three-shot series for Moderna, followed by two Pfizer boosters. Wishing you well as we continue to navigate this situation!