Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, Jeri! Seems I remember a Tickled Pink from possibly 2 other places. One had a pretty pink flower avatar, and I think the other avatar might've been a flamingo? In any case, here you are!

I've also met Dave and Laura and very much enjoyed their company.

Kudos to you for being the lab rat for us! Fingers are crossed no extra eyes grow and you don't turn green or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky10 View Post
      Welcome, Jeri! Seems I remember a Tickled Pink from possibly 2 other places. One had a pretty pink flower avatar, and I think the other avatar might've been a flamingo? In any case, here you are!

I've also met Dave and Laura and very much enjoyed their company.

Kudos to you for being the lab rat for us! Fingers are crossed no extra eyes grow and you don't turn green or something.
      Sparky!! I thought you might be the same one... we were friends on MSWorld if I recall correctly. And yes, the pink flower was me.

Glad to be here.
      Jeri
      Founder, www.PartnersInResearch.org
      Patient-to-patient education about clinical trials.

Comment

• New Member from CA

Hello all! My name is Gary and I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2001. I had a couple episodes early on, but I have been pretty relapse free for ~10 years now! (I'm not counting fatigue, pain, vision issues). I have a B.S. in Kinesiology and I am working on my Master's in Theology. I try not to complain, but since I am here... What can I do to keep my feet cool?!?

I am 46, was on Copaxone for 12 years, and I am now taking Tecfidera. I do NOT miss the daily shots!

Comment

• Welcome, Gary! Good for you for being relapse free for so long. Me too; 14 years now.

Burning feet? I hear gabapentin and Lyrica mentioned as helping. Not together, mind you. Good luck with that!

I join you on the Tecfidera boat. So far so good, but then, how would we know? My only criteria for it was if I had a relapse, after so many years of stability, I'd quit it immediately. So far so good.

Comment

• I'm Chris and I'm a... Person. Who happens to have been diagnosed with MS 15 yrs ago. To steal a pithy quote: I have it, it doesn't have me. Now secondary progressive, I am no longer on disease - modifying drugs, just symptom management. I had to leave my career 12 years ago on disability, but I still work (very) part-time at a non profit organization. I have a very understanding and supportive wife, without whom I would be lost. This site seems like a supportive place and I look forward to participating in it.

Comment

• And we look forward to your participation. Welcome, Chris!

Good support at home is a wonderful thing.

Comment

• Hi! o/

Nice to *meet* you all. I'm Jen.
                Not so much "active" as "active wannabe". Worked my way through C25K, then blew out the cartilage in my knee. Had to give that up (I was doing Group Power at the time, too, and had to give that up.) That was 2 years ago. Got that as healed as it is going to get and was trying to decide where to go from there. I enjoyed pushing myself farther than I thought I could go. Then last spring I was out gardening and my right side went numb. Within 2 days I couldn't stand being touched. Long story short RRMS. The parasethia is still with me, but not like it was. Have had other symptoms along the way.
                Anyhow, looking forward to finding out what I can do. Glad I found you guys.

Comment

• Glad you found us too, Jen. Welcome! Let us know what all you with yourself. I just surprised myself by hiking the woods for almost 2 hours. Couldn't do it with trekking poles.

Comment

• Hi, everyone!

Hi everyone! My name is Ambika and I live in Delhi. I was diagnosed with MS when I was 11 and it has significantly changed my life and what I'm capable of. Before getting MS I used to be very good at most sports, at dance, at running, and almost everything else. All that changed because of MS, but nevertheless I have tried to remain as active as possible.

This is despite the horrible weather of Delhi that makes it really difficult (almost impossible!) for me to do most things that I would like to. I do Yoga thrice a week, swim regularly, and also go for treks and other camps as often as possible.

Comment

• Welcome Ambika! Delhi must be very warm!

...\O/...
                      Liv__Well
                      ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

• Welcome, Ambika! Wow, trekking near Delhi must be beautiful! Hot weather affects me adversely also. Feels like my power plug has been disconnected. Good for you for getting out and about!

Comment

• Intro

Hi Everyone,

I am very happy to have found this site. I was diagnosed a little over a year ago and have been trying to network with other MSers ever since. I have experienced 2 relapses this past year and have already started my second DMD. I take Tecfidera now and seem to be doing well. I love to run and the MS has effected it somewhat. Most people I know with MS aren't very active, actually I don't know anyone that continues to run. Maybe most seem to give into the disease. Not me!! I recently ran the Pittsburgh Marathon in May and raised money for the National MS Society. It was grueling since almost every symptom that I ever had all came out at once due to over heating and over exercising. I became a little whiny and depressed for a few days because that was probably my last marathon. Then I realized that I finished before many healthy people, and most healthy people cannot even run one mile let alone 26. I found this site and read everyone else's stories and became rejuvenated. Thanks!! I just ran a half-marathon over the weekend and used some tips from other's posts.
                          I have a wonderfully supportive husband and 3 great kids that will sometimes run with me.
                          I am thankful to be connected with ActiveMSers.

Comment

• Welcome and keep on moving. Feel free to join us in MSers in training.

Teena Marie

Comment

• Thank you for your inspiration

Good job! I am very happy that you continue to run. You are a huge inspiration to me! I have had MS for ~12 years and have been relapse free for ~10 years. I switched from Copaxone to Tecfidera about 4 months ago. I have become pretty sedentary and I have also (very selfishly) avoided being active in MS communities. I didn't want to hang out with people who needed mobility aids, etc, because I didn't want to be reminded of what could happen to me in the future. I have only recently realized that maybe I could actually be inspirational to someone else. Your story of your training and running has motivated me to get back in running shape! Thank you so much!

Gary

Comment

• Long time mstalker

Hello there, been checking out this site since '08, right around the time I was diagnosed...and it's been helpfull seeing everyone else's experiences.
                                I was interested in the site mostly because I was very active at the time.... Unfortunately due to a physically demanding job, slowly over this time I have ended up giving up the activities I loved (triathlon, cycling) due to energy management reasons. Anyways, after another relapse earlier this year I am now in the possession of a whole lot of free time(currently a man of leisure (ahem)
                                So now just working out how to get back into an active lifestyle with the changes in my health.
                                Oh, and I'm another Tecfidera user, and luckily I don't even notice it.
                                Just thought I'd say Hi.

Comment

Working...
                                X