Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kristen.gallegos
    replied
    I'm not much of a resolutions girl either. I think they're great in theory, but I'm very goal oriented and resolutions seems much easier to break. I have several goals for 2014:
    -Run 1000 miles
    -Run a half marathon with my dad
    -Incorporate strength training and yoga into my schedule at least once a week
    -Lower my sugar intake (yeah right, mark that as a failure already )
    -Respond to messages in a timely manner
    -Pray and listen for the Lord to reveal who He created me to be (most important of all)

Good luck with your activities! Your Waves to Wine ride sounds awesome, but then again, you can't go wrong with wine!

Leave a comment:

• AMFADVENTURES
    started a topic MSers Training in 2014

MSers Training in 2014

Happy New Year everyone. And that means it’s time to get going with training. I don’t have any fan fare to start this year off with, I don’t know what I did to piss off the idea fairy but she hasn’t come to visit for a while so we’ll just have to get right down to business.

Normally I don’t make New Years resolutions, unless it’s a resolution not to make resolutions, but this year I am going to make a resolution and that single resolution is - to enjoy the ride. If I figure out how to do that, while hammering out those intervals or straining up that hill, I’ll let you know. Wish me luck.

So, what have I been doing and what’s on the agenda for this year? Although it hasn’t been snowing volumes, it has been snowing often. Half of the exercise I’ve gotten in the last two weeks has been shoveling an inch or two of snow. When it doesn’t snow, I’ve been walking. The longest continuous walk I’d done in the last decade was about a half-mile. Then a couple of weeks ago, having been inspired by a fellow Active MSer, I managed to walk continuously for about 2 miles. I’ve done it 3 or 4 more times since then. I use a walking stick and I am a total stumbling spaz at the end of the two miles, but it’s a start. There’s a move afoot to gather a group of MSers and climb Pikes Peak in 2015. Obviously, for me, it’s not too early to start training. http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=1400

I also managed to get out on the bike a couple of times but there is still a little too much ice and snow around for my taste. On the clear patches though, when we didn’t have to ride in traffic to avoid the ice or walk when we couldn’t, it was nice to be back in the saddle. With a little luck and a little more snow, I should also be able to get out on the XC skis, I hope it's sooner rather than later.

This years agenda will include at least the Colorado and New Mexico Bike MS rides and probably the Copper Triangle. I've been eying the "Waves to Wine" ride in California for a while, maybe this will be the year. I'm always looking for new and exciting rides to try, new rides in new places are part of the fun.

Take a minute if you can, and let us know what you’ve been doing lately and what form your plans are taking for the New Year. Then join us as we train toward our goals, and try to have a little fun along the way to staying Active with MS.

AMF Adventures
Working...
X