ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 12-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Optimistic Misfit

Suebee..Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't had the opportunity to check the site recently. As luck would have it...I got an invitation to the "End MS Conference" that the MS Society of Canada does...this is a conference for all the people working on treatments/investigations for MS. The 1st day of the conference is for people with MS to interact with these other parties. Brass Tax....you spend 3/4 of a day surrounded by PHD's, doctorate candidates and the like answering questions and really finding out what research is going on. All I can say is WOW! I must have really missed the boat. I wish that I could have seen this 10 years ago. There r a lot of smart people doing a lot of research to end MS. Very cool. and I agree....without sites like this it would make things much more difficult.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Optimistic Misfit

Suebee..Celia....Do you find the compression socks work?
Old 02-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Thank you, I like the non-binding diabetic socks. They are really quite comfortable. Thank you for your suggestions.

jjmagpin, I know you posed this question to someone else, but for me compression socks are a must. and they do help me a lot.

I do not know if they are helpful unless someone has a circulation/vascular issue. That I suppose would be a doctor question.

I have been looking for this post, I had forgotten where I had posted.

I hope you have found help for brace issues.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:37 PM
MS Master

The non-binding compression socks are really comfy and you wouldn't know they are special just by looking at them. Yes, they work, however, if you have a significant swollen lower extremity you will want to be sure you have a dr opinion on its cause (drug reaction, heart issues, diabetes, Lupus, etc) and whether you should try the more heavier duty compression socks that are tight and hard to get on. AND of course you always want to elevate your swollen lower extremity so that gravity is on your side and keep on walking through out the day. Monitoring salt intake and doctor approved diuretics may be helpful too. Long time non-management can cause tissue breakdown, so be sure to get accurate diagnosis and use good self-care.
In my case, I am more likely to have fluid buildup in my ankles/shins if I have had high salt diet, no walking, female monthly changes, and not enough drinking water. I found it was better to take immediate self-care actions than wait until my ankle/shins were painful/really puffy and I required the very tight compression socks and diuretics to get back to normal.

Tags
afo, fes