ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 09-14-2016, 10:51 AM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

amc, there are many ways to organize a control group, and I am confident volunteers would have been willing to step up and wait a few months longer to begin a diet. The study designers should give us MSers more credit.

But I gotta hand it to Dr. Wahls. It's not every day seven figures drops in your lap to promote and legitimize your own diet. For her, the study design is pretty much ideal with essentially guaranteed success. Can't blame her.

I also find the NMSS position of costs preventing a more thorough and robust study a bit dubious. As it is, they appear just to be giving lip service to those who want diets studied. I want them studied, but I want them studied properly. They should have waited until the funds were available to do it right.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:56 AM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

I've written the NMSS. We'll see what they say. The just released study (link below) that shows a Mediterranean diet, plus exercise, lowers fatigue in MSers underscores my concerns. Any decent diet should help lower fatigue.

http://forums.activemsers.org/showthread.php?t=2206
Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Optimistic Misfit

Bogus.

I personally like the Forks Over Knives way, but I still eat certain meats about 5% of the time if they are cage free, hormone free, organic, etc.

I agree with you about the Mediterranean.

Everyone can benefit from a common sense whole foods sort of a diet, not just those with chronic health conditions.

I don't understand why they are wasting donor $ on this study. It's obvious that it will be biased.

Tags
diet