Played tennis today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played tennis today!

Of course it wasn't pretty, but I was out there hitting the ball for the first time in over 2 years. I needed a few extra tools, but boy did it feel good. And I was on the courts for nearly an hour and a half.

Trying to picture how I managed it? Forearm crutch left hand, tennis racquet right hand, a walker parked nearby (on court), a bunch of balls, and a very, very patient wife. She'd hit the ball to my forehand (as best she could) and I'd fire it back. We almost got to six hits total in our best rally. I rested on the walker each time we ran out of balls. She got her exercise chasing after them.

Like I said, not pretty, but beautiful in its own way....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

BTW, we weren't keeping score, ha ha. And my backhand really sucked....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Awesome!

Hi Dave,
      Your tennis story was so great to read and your creativity makes me chuckle and is also inspiring.

I miss playing tennis (extremely...and I sigh sadly looking at my racquet in the closet). Your venture encourages me to try to get out on the court again and hit some, even if it's just over the net. A good couple of sprint "steps" will be a goal I set (mobility is great for walking...anything faster than this is a wobbly adventure!)

Bicycling works better for me. The DH and I went to Door County in August...did some good "off trail" riding and biked every day for our trip. But again, I will try getting out on the court again to begin to play! Thanks!!!

Blessings to you and yours,
      Biscuit

Comment

Biscuit, volleying at the net is pretty easy to do with limited mobility, and ground strokes feel sooo good even if I can't rally much. Serves are doable, but obviously lack the oomph. Laura actually served to me full speed and I can often return them (but then I'm stuck there, ha).

Post in the Fitness forum and let us know how it goes! And be safe--no falls.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

I've picked my tennis blog from 2008 to rerun (edited and updated). Enjoy!

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2011...-ms-style.html
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
          X