Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little MS humor (CRS, crying at Will Smith, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little MS humor (CRS, crying at Will Smith, etc.)

From member Life Well Lived. He's got a good attitude when it comes to coping with some of the more frustrating aspects of this disease. Here's his blog:

http://thelifewelllived.blogspot.com.../ms-humor.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Thanks. I still find my kids and their strength going through their medical trials a source of inspiration, one I've needed with my MS. I frequently try to look at trials as "Grrr...but this will make a great story in a week or two." We all have to or we will go insane.

My wife and I foster medically fragile children, and we've adopted 2 of them. Bill Cosby's old show, "Kids say the darndest things" could have been taped at my house on any given day. So I have to keep telling myself that if I can make my son apologize to the cement after falling and hitting his head, then I need to take the same medicine and laugh when I fall too. Sometimes the falls are literal like when I was training to run a 15k and sometimes they aren't like trying to wrap presents.

I believe if we never push ourselves so far that we fail, then we've probably never come close to doing all we can. Humor is just the most effective way I've found to protect our ego enough to let us try again.

Comment

Working...
    X