Diagnosed earlier this month...Raced this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnosed earlier this month...Raced this weekend

...and pulled a three day Motocross event.

Practice on Friday - I rode for at least 2 hours.
    Saturday Race - 1 point away from an overall win. Brought home a lovely second...yes first loser, but I will take it!!
    Sunday Race - Mother nature poured rain on us and gave us a track with deep,deep mud. I of course HAD to tip over and kill my bike. So I lost two laps trying to start my beast four stroke....Came back second moto and finished fourth.
    Not bad for an old lady with MS.

Interesting note? When I am on the starting gate and the card turns....my vision is clear. It is like the adreneline rush of the race makes my brain reroute the signal. And then, after the race, as the adreneline fades.....the blur slowly returns.

But hey, not only am I riding...I am racing WELL!

Start meds on Wednesday, I hope.

You go, blndebmbr. My eyesight gets wiggy after having fun, too. Except perhaps that can also be attributed to the gin martini post adventure. Keep us posted on your races and good luck with the meds. And try to keep your brain screwed on as best as possible; getting diagnosed can be a bit like the ultimate hare scramble....
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Ha, that is the perfect analogy. Hare Scramble...Sadly I enjoy bouncing off the trees. However I always get up and finish it, bloody swollen knuckles and all.

Only one picture from the weekend, that I know of. But here is me and my big fat pig bike.

And here is one that shows I can jump, even on a two stroke.

Motocross is what my family does together. I WILL NOT give it up.

Comment

Working...
      X