Bike MS 2012...Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike MS 2012...Rant

So, I am so annoyed at the NCMSS. I have been raising money and riding in the MS 150 for over 8 years. Each year they increase the minimum amount you have to raise to ride.

I no longer work, and my family has to pay all of my medical bills, so I can't make my minimum "donation" amount and they told me I can't ride.

I have done 2 MS fundraisers at my house this year. The whole thing irritates me. They said I could be a virtual cyclist, or a volunteer.

I want to ride while I still can. My husband raised over $1200. It all goes to his account though...So the person with MS, who the ride is for can't ride. Whats up with that.

I get the cost of the ride..blah blah blah, but holy cow its a recession people and most of my family can barely pay for me.

That is my rant. Thanks for listening.
    RN with MS for 6 years
    Copaxone '06-'11
    Rebif for 6 months
    Tysabri presently

Kind of picky, aren't they? Do they have that many riders that they must limit like that?

Bet they took your money, though.

Comment

Dang ramon! Sorry to hear ...

I don't ride , but we have a great team (in NM)
      One of women in our team donated part of her fundraising to her hubby so he could hit minimum money required.

Wonder if NC would let you do that? Sorry to hear the rant... As if we "MSers" (oops we're not "supposed" to say that!). Or PWMS didn't have enough to deal with!

Maybe Chapter President or chair of Bike Cmye needs to hear from you!
      OR come ride NM next year --- lots of hills, challenging, but intimate with only about 280 riders...)
      You can be on our Wobbly Riders ... We all helped each other with $$$$ part...
      Caitlin

Comment

Working...
      X