Alternative treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative treatments

My name is Lisa and I was diagnosed in October 2012. Having been involved in martial arts for about 20 years in the same location has many advantages. One being many contacts to people with extensive knowledge of the ancient healing arts (or as my neurologist calls them "complimentary treatments").

Just before the holidays, I had the opportunity to speak with a Grandmaster who also specializes in Chi Healing and acupuncture. I have used both of these methods for injuries I have had in the past (with much success) but not from someone with as much knowledge as this gentleman.

He tells me that he has treated people with MS before and had some encouraging results. I've decided to contact him again and begin working with him in hopes of having favorable results with regard to what I like to call my "roving numbness."

I will update this post once I start treating, but I was wondering if anyone else on here has tried this course of treatment as a complimentary accessory to whatever medication you are currently taking. (I am currently on Avonex.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by AZgal; 12-31-2012, 12:22 AM.

Hi there,

Welcome. I am currently seeing a Chinese therapist for external Qigong healing. I find it helpful and have had good results. I find the Chinese have a good view of healing and the body. But, as we often say, what works for one does not necesarily work for another. It sounds like you have an amazing opportunity. Let us know how it goes.

Good luck,

Teena Marie

Comment

Working...
    X