Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on line mindfulness study

Hi there,

I've just started this and it's helpful.

Calling all PwMS: Hannah's Mindfulness Study Needs You!

With the full approval of Professor Jelinek we, on behalf of Hannah Morris at the National University of Ireland, are asking those of you with either a probable or definite diagnosis of MS, and a smidgeon of spare time, to contribute to an investigation into the effectiveness of an online mindfulness based programme for people with MS. The programme is free to participants and will take place online over four weeks. Hannah herself has been recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, and chose to pursue the research in order to help fellow MS sufferers benefit from the same programme that she did. Of potentially enormous benefit to anyone who does participate, the programme is concerned with teaching each of us mindfulness skills and exercises which are believed to help us cope better with our illness, and improve our well-being. Skills include ways in which to address our thoughts, and relaxation methods which have proved to reduce negative thoughts and feelings. Trialled successfully amongst sufferers of other health problems, the research body is aiming, through this study, to discover its effectiveness in MS.

[Study is now closed. - Dave]

Enjoy,

Teena Marie

This course is giving me greater focus. It's been great to apply this to my exercise program. Just wanted to pass along a good thing.

Comment

Thanks very much for posting this Teena.

Im pleased to see so many people experiencing positive benefits of taking part.

Thankyou to all who are taking part in the study, your contributions are very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X