ActiveMSers officially on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveMSers officially on Facebook

I know, first Twitter, now Facebook. You are invited to Like us if you so desire. And if you don't Like us, that won't hurt my feelings. (Since Facebook uses your real name, you will NOT be anonymous.)

http://www.facebook.com/ActiveMSers
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I would like to join the facebook group, but don't want to if it's not a secret group, because not everyone on my facebook necessarily knows that I have MS, and I'd like to keep it that way...

Comment

No worries, Niko, I totally get that. And even secret groups are not as secret as I'd like.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Arrgh Dave, you know we like you!
        But yeah not everyone knows I have MS and I can't 'like' the page, but I'll be creepily stalking and looking at the page often enough!

Comment

Why R U Ashamed You Have Ms? Its Not Something You Went Out And Purchased,its Something God Gave Us And We Just Have To Learn How To Deal With It,people Will Not Look At You Any Differently If They Know U Have Ms, And If They Do,then They Tr Not Your Friends To Begin With ! Take Care, Lori

Comment

Ah, I wish it were so easy, Lori. There's lots of discrimination out there, and coming out to the general public is not always the best idea. Promotion opportunities could vanish, new jobs might never get offered (employers do look at FB even if they shouldn't), the list is long. If one wants to stay private, I totally get that and depending on the situation, heavily encourage it.
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Hi Lori, Yeah the people on FB are not all my 'friends', even though that's what FB calls them. So my real friends know for sure, just not every one else!

Comment

Working...
              X