Need some ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some ham

I am new to this form so firstly id like to say hello.
    Then i'll dive right in.
    The issue is as follows:
    Diagnosed June 2012 (RRMS)
    Lower half went numb
    Have had 4 relapses in total since dec 2011
    Currently on copaxone
    Constant dizziness/loss of balance/coordination
    Not happy
    I have to admit my symptoms are not yet at the extreme side of the scale, i can still walk and run and go to work which i am thankful for.

Despite this i am not content. I look into the future and i have the fear, its not getting better.
    It effects my confidence, it makes me depressed,
    I have no control in my life.

I have looked into the HSCT and i am convinced of it effectiveness.
    The only thing that stands in my way is that old chestnut- cash

How do you go about raising that much money.
    There are lots of people who have paid for this treatment before, are they just people that were already wealthy?

Can you get a loan?
    Can you pay it up?

Id appreciate any ideas on how to go about this

Think al need at least £50,000
    I dont care if im in debt for the rest of my life, or if it doesnt work, or if i dont make it out the other side. The most important thing is that i tried to make it better, so that when im older i can say to myself that i did everything i could, no regrets, roll the dice

Razor, if you are looking for a conversation about HSCT, there is a Facebook group that is pretty active that you might want to check out: http://www.facebook.com/groups/149103351840242/ . Note: it is private, so you will need to ask to join. They will answer all of your questions.

A FB forum created by MS Patients treated by Hematopoietic Stem Cell Treatment (HSCT) for MS and other autoimmune disorders.
    I totally understand where you are coming from, but a few things to keep in mind: you've only just been diagnosed, this is typically a rescue treatment, it's god-awful expensive, and there is some real risk. I may be one of the poster-children for this treatment's power, but there is still a lot of research to be done and I don't think it is the only answer in MS.

Hope you enjoy the FB group and I'll see you over there!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

cool, thanks for the input, right now im just trying to get the ball rolling, by the time i have the cash for this i'll probably be worse so i think its important to start lookin.

Comment

Working...
      X