Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving

So, as most of you already know, CO has legalized marijuana, and simultaneously stepped up DUI enforcement.

The enhanced DUI checks have led to issues for people with verbal ticks, balance issues, and other disabilities getting picked up by the cops, despite being sober. (http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...g-dui/6700933/) How do you guys deal with getting pulled over? I mean, even on the best day, there's no way I could do that whole walk in a straight line one foot in front of the other test. Is there a card or something that one could get that would indicate that balance just isn't gonna happen, so I could just blow in the thing or whatever they do as an alternate test for DUI?

My driving is erratic at best. I pick and choose the times that I drive very carefully. I have often thought of what I would say if I were to be pulled over. The best that I have come up with would be to hand the officer my license, registration, insurance card and handicap placard. I would also give a brief explanation about having MS. Any attempt at a field sobriety test would be useless. My wife who is a retired cop said just be honest and earnest and hope for the best.

Comment

I requested an evaluation through my province's license bureau. It was with a specially certified occupational therapist. It was an instructive process which included some driving lessons-something I think all drivers should do periodically. It is now part of my driver's license so if I were pulled over it would come up on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by teena marie View Post
        I requested an evaluation through my province's license bureau. It was with a specially certified occupational therapist. It was an instructive process which included some driving lessons-something I think all drivers should do periodically. It is now part of my driver's license so if I were pulled over it would come up on the computer.
        That's a great idea TM, I think I'll check into that next time I'm due. For right now I'd go with what Paul said, a handicap placard, but I wouldn't mention MS if I didn't have to since there is some association between MS and at least medical marijuana. No sense red flagging an innocent situation.

Comment

Originally posted by AMFADVENTURES View Post
          That's a great idea TM, I think I'll check into that next time I'm due. For right now I'd go with what Paul said, a handicap placard, but I wouldn't mention MS if I didn't have to since there is some association between MS and at least medical marijuana. No sense red flagging an innocent situation.
          I had not thought of the medical marijuana aspect. Once again there is no easy answer when MS is part of the question.

Comment

Working...
          X