Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gulp. Could rising temperatures send more people with multiple sclerosis to the hospital?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulp. Could rising temperatures send more people with multiple sclerosis to the hospital?

From the American Academy of Neurology. Well, this isn't a good thing! Stupid climate change. Not a big fan of hospitals.... -D

Could rising temperatures send more people with multiple sclerosis to the hospital?

by American Academy of Neurology

As average temperatures around the globe climb, a preliminary study has found people with multiple sclerosis (MS) may expect worsening symptoms, enough to send them to the hospital more often. The preliminary study released today, March 2, 2021, will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology's 73rd Annual Meeting being held virtually April 17 to April 22, 2021.

"We know that heat sensitivity is common in multiple sclerosis, and climate scientists expect that periods of anomalously warm weather will become more frequent with climate change," said study author Holly Elser, Ph.D., of Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, Calif., and a member of the American Academy of Neurology. "Our study suggests that warming trends could have serious health implications over the long term for people living with MS."

Anomalously warm weather was defined as any month in which local average temperatures were higher than the long-term average temperature for that month by at least 1.5 degrees Celsius, or almost 2 degrees Fahrenheit.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-...-hospital.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Hospitals are already been filled with Covid Patients and now this news is horrible. People are now even fear of the name of hospitals and the government should take it seriously otherwise it will become another disaster.

Comment

Back in the days b4 I had ms, I put geothermal in my house so now I have ac. Can't imagine life without it. Also drive a dump truck for work - I've made it clear to the company- no ac in the truck- no doug . Still snow on the ground but I'm already thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
      X