Lost My Neurologist to Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost My Neurologist to Covid

Dr. Thomas Newman in Tampa had been my neurologist the last 7 years. Indeed when we spoke of getting the Covid vaccination, he suggested to me that I might consider not getting it, as there were reports of other M.S. patients having problems with side effects with it.

Thankfully, his office has several neurologists on staff, and they were able to take about half of Dr. Newman's patients, of which I was one!

He left quite a legacy to his kids when he passed away; a huge collection of baseball memorabilia.

Our family did come down with Covid 2 weeks ago, but came through it without needing anything but over the counter meds to treat symptoms. Everyone has since recovered.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-news...-sell-for-20m/
    A Tampa doctor who died after contracting COVID-19 left his family one of the most valuable sports card memorabilia collections on Earth.
    Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
    Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
    Active in amateur radio
    Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
    M.S. since 2000

Wow 20 million! You weren't kidding. His legacy, however, is greater, as is apparent by the way you as a patient speak kindly of him and they way his son fondly remembers him in article.
    The pandemic has highlighted what's important.
    I'm glad you and family doing ok after covid. Take care.
    Last edited by Suebee; 05-21-2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Sorry you lost a great doctor. I am glad there was someone to ‘take you on as a patient but it is just all so sad. This pandemic has touched everyone in one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Suebee View Post
        Wow 20 million! You weren't kidding. His legacy, however, is greater, as is apparent by the way you as a patient speak kindly of him and they way his son fondly remembers him in article.
        The pandemic has highlighted what's important.
        I'm glad you and family doing ok after covid. Take care.
        Thanks, it's nice to be over it! He was a great doctor, and his replacement already knew of me and my goat farm, so he though it would be a kick to keep me on as a patient.
        Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
        Active in amateur radio
        M.S. since 2000

Comment

Originally posted by MSLazarus View Post
          Sorry you lost a great doctor. I am glad there was someone to ‘take you on as a patient but it is just all so sad. This pandemic has touched everyone in one way or the other.
          Thanks, the pandemic has brought out the best and sadly the worst in many people. We're largely isolated here on our farm, and are pretty much hermits except for going to church, so we were quite surprised when we came down with it.
          Active in amateur radio
          M.S. since 2000

Comment

Working...
          X