Omicron protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omicron protection

A bit worried about situation. My Houston area is 80% omicron. Be sure you have pulse oximeter because you might not realize your low oxygen level. Upgrade your mask to n95 masks says epidemiologist.
    Listen now (5 min) | Ocrelizumab-treated, triple-vaccinated with COVID-19. What would you do?

Upgrade mask
    “The coronavirus is airborne. Very airborne. Even if you don’t see anyone—doesn’t mean the aerosols aren’t in the air. WATCH ➡️ you need high quality N95 / KN95 / KF94 / FFP2/ FFP3 masks. ➡️ also please ventilate, get HEPA filters, get upper room UV. https://t.co/4RjVs7BE2x”

Comment

Monoclonals availability is changing-. Regeneron and Eli Lilly for delta variant and only sotrovimAb if omicron variant. Sotrovimab currently in short supply, so you may have to track it down by calling infusion centers. Antiviral pill(s) are supposed to be on market in next few weeks per Faucci. Talk of convalescent plasma might be used again to give antibodies to immunecomrpmised to prevent serious illness.
      Public health officials are debating when to switch over to sotrovimab, a monoclonal antibody treatment that retains efficacy against omicron.

Comment

Hi SueBee…
        I get rituxan and it has the same problem as Ocrevus in terms of making us less protected by the vaccinations. I posted something today about the 2 shots of evusheld I got yesterday which will solve that problem…hopefully. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Thanks for posting info. Exciting option. Hope it works great for you, and happy new year!

Comment

Here is info on the 2 antiviral pills that work against Covid omicron variant : plaxovid and molnupiravir. They need to be used in first 5 days of infection, so don’t delay seeking it out. Both are still in short supply in US, so you will likely need to locate it yourself in your state.
            The COVID-19 pills from Pfizer and Merck provide an at-home treatment option for some people. Learn who's eligible and how these oral antivirals work here.

Comment

Here is Federal Gov’t’s US map showing distribution centers for Covid therapeutics. News reports say one needs to contact each individual place to verify they have the therapeutic available and process to get it.
              This page displays monoclonal antibody therapeutic treatment shipment locations nationwide

Comment

Here is HHS Covid Treatment decision tree for patients that are Immune compromised, as of Dec 30, 2021, which details timing and type of monoclonal or antiviral that are effective.
                Last edited by Suebee; 01-28-2022, 03:48 PM. Reason: Added screen shot of decision tree b/c link won’t directly locate

Comment

75DA8549-0A12-4834-A385-58A59A8CFEDB.png http://www.phe.gov/emergency/events/...cision-Aid.pdf
                  Last edited by Suebee; 01-28-2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

this is important link to the up to date HHS data of distributions locations (hospital, pharmacy, etc) in each state for the antivirals and evushield. It will tell you the number of doses at each location, which you can ask your doctor to help coordinate should you become infected with Covid. Still in short supply. As always, MSers, Self-advocacy will likely aid your quest. Be sure to reiterate your risks to healthcare providers due to DMT, age, and the dreaded “co-morbidities”. (I’ve found myself explaining risks of anti-cd20 dmt a bit more frequently than I’m comfortable.) Also, important to tell healthcare providers is your exposure to high risk areas (interior spaces and workplace conditions) as well as number of household members and their exposure to high risk areas (including school age children). Stay well and advocate
                    Last edited by Suebee; 01-28-2022, 04:18 PM. Reason: Direct link redirects to main site, I’ve posted link in next post

Comment

direct Link healthdata.gov/Health/COVID-19-Public-Therapeutic-Locator/rxn6-qnx8

Comment

Working...
                      X