Interstim for overactive bladder issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interstim for overactive bladder issues

I got this recommendation from a fellow ActiveMSer and figured I'd pass it along. Impressive results. - Dave

http://www.medtronic.com/patients/ov...about-therapy/

In 2012, 27 yrs post-diagnosis, I was enjoying urinary frequency. After trying every extant urinary medication, an acupuncture series of treatments, Kegels, and got a kidney stone from fear of consuming too much liquid lest I have an accident, I had implanted InterStim above my left buttock. InterStim is a device made by Medtronic, the same folks who
    manufacture the pacemaker. It regulates the nerves that control the bladder. With the implant comes a programmer--essentially, a remote control with which I can increase or decrease the intensity of the device's pulses, as needed. InterStim is battery operated;
    purportedly, the battery needs changing "about every 8-10 yrs."

Let me tell you: InterStim has changed my life immensely! No longer must I scope out bathrooms everywhere I go, run to the bathroom every 45 minutes, wear urinary pads 24/7 so I wouldn't wet the bed, or sequester a change of clothing in my car in case an accident occurred.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X