Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evusheld…I got 2 shots. Acts as a prophylactic against Covid-19

Hi
    i feel very lucky. Got 2 shots of evusheld yesterday ( one in each buttock…each shot with a different monoclonal antibody). Not sure why I was so lucky but it could be that I had extreme reactions to my second and third vaccination shots.
    anyway, :

Evusheld…
    I got my 2 shots of this drug. Because I had extreme reactions to my second and third vaccination shots I am at the top of the list …. (Western MA).
    I feel very lucky. It is 2 shots into the muscle. Then they watch you for an hour.

“The first batch of the drug, called Evusheld, shipped out on Monday, according to a spokesperson for the US Department of Health and Human Services. Dr. Camille Kotton, an infectious disease expert at Mass General Brigham, said her medical system expects to receive in this shipment only doses to treat fewer than 1% of its thousands of immune-compromised patients.”

That’s fantastic news MSlazerus ! I wish you the best of health and thank you so much for posting about this prophylactic. I hadn’t heard anything about it and will see if I can track it down.

Comment

Warning! Evushield may not protect against new variants! Endpoints reports, "FDA told healthcare providers on Monday that one of the emerging subvariants, BA.4.6, renders Evusheld almost completely useless.

Nationally, BA.4.6 currently makes up about 13% of new cases, compared to just 1% of cases at the beginning of July, according to the CDC. But in some regions, like in Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska, the BA.4.6 subvariant makes up more than 20% of all Covid-19 cases."

Stay well my friends.

Comment

Thank you for the update, Suebee. We were able to get access to Evusheld early this year. MSer spouse and I are wondering if anyone here had the shots and subsequently had a negative experience (beyond the usual annoyances with shots). Sorry to hear that Evusheld may not be useful against the new variants--we want to have as many tools as possible available to fight this thing. Our first line of defense continues to be masking with N95s and avoiding crowds indoors, supported by getting all the shots.

Comment

Working...
        X