Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more challenging? Moving or Family Reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is more challenging? Moving or Family Reunion?

Finishing up moving from our home of 20 years and wrapped up a family reunion Sunday that celebrated 50 years of my parents being (mostly) happily married. Apologies for going dark the past two months. Haven't been this busy in forever! Looking forward to catching up and sorry to ignore folks. I'm back! (And starting to unpack slowly.)
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Dave, sounds like you've been busy! Glad to hear from you and hope you are feeling good Suebee

Comment

Thanks Suebee. Hopefully we won't have to move again anytime soon. Starting to just shove stuff in drawers just to get it out of the way, which means our grand plans for getting organized will take a touch longer....
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

We listed our house one week ago yesterday. The day before yesterday we got an offer, we countered, they countered. One week to the day from putting our house on the market we accepted the offer. Now the clock is ticking. We need to find a new house quickly. We are looking in Corrales. I plan on hiring movers.

Comment

We used John Baker Moving (250-2454 mobile). Less than $1K for our whole house, which took nearly two truckloads. Really professional. Two guys. Very careful. But you have to box your own stuff. Tell him I recommended him. Good luck, FP!
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Wow this is stressful. We sold our house for asking price, made an offer on another house found mold, withdrew the offer, found a better house, made an offer, negotiated, came to terms, had inspections done, passed inspection. Now we will be homeless for a week between closings. Like I said, STRESSFUL.

Comment

The new "casa de Scott" is in Corrales New Mexico. It has a small vineyard so I guess I am now a winemaker. It also comes with a putting green and a hot tub. I have never been much of a golfer so the putting green is kind of funny and I am left trying to figure out how a hot tub will fit with my MS. I am looking forward to living in Corrales and to becoming part of the acoustic music scene.

Comment

Fat Paul, sounds like your new place comes with an awesome lifestyle change. Congrats! Sounds like all effort was worth it.

Comment

Thanks Suebee, a lifestyle change indeed. Corrales is an artsy-fartsy upscale hippy kind of village. It's just north of Albuquerque. I'm looking very forward to a shift in mind set and overall feeling of community.

Comment

Working...
                  X