Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tecfidera & PML Freaking Me Out!

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to the MS. I am 33 years old and diagnosed with RRMS on February 12th, 2015. My doc swiftly got me on Rebif injections. Then in June, I had a doozy of a relapse (i.e. bouncy, diagonal double-vision that made me toss my cookies whenever I opened my eyes).

My doc then swiftly got me on Tecfidera. I can't be sure if it *actually* makes me feel different, but I swear it's like someone caught the right frequency for the TV with old-school rabbit ears. I feel less "buzzy" and "static-E".

But, every time I actually sit down and *think* about the risks of PML and notion that there are no long-term studies of the safety of Tecfidera, I get super panicked and light-headed.

Any takers on talking this scared little rabbit down from this ledge?

Thanks bunches!
    -Heather

Heather, I learned you can't let panic get you. this is a marathon, not a sprint. I was diagnosed 10 yrs ago. pace yourself. Make your neurologist address all your concerns to
    Your satisfaction. Reserch to
    Extent you feel comfortable. And Know you have control over the treatment your body receives. Importantly, figure out ways to cope with days that panic sets in. I try to distract my mind with fresh air or cooking or dare I admit, pinterest. Good luck and know you are not alone!

Comment

Working...
    X