NEW: Dealing with setbacks, by Kelly Williamson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW: Dealing with setbacks, by Kelly Williamson

On the surface, it might seem cavalier for a professional athlete to educate someone with multiple sclerosis about setbacks. What possibly could a world-class triathlete teach a disabled person? A lot, it turns out. Kelly Williamson, a staunch MS advocate and regular contributor to ActiveMSers, shares valuable lessons she’s learned about dealing with setbacks over the years—and why the word CAN is so empowering.

All new content on ActiveMSers.org
    http://activemsers.org/tipstricks/foilingsetbacks.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Brilliant!

This is a brilliant piece. It is wonderfully written and doesn't just apply to us folks with MS.

There's a little for everybody in this. Thank you. I have shared in on FB.

Comment

Ditto, Mouse! And thanks to Kelly for writing this, and to Dave for posting it.... It's all in how we choose to see things, right?
      Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Thank you, Kelly and Dave. This really resonates with me. For C, I've also added choice because I often find when I hit a difficult patch (such as this afternoon climbing my stairs to the pool), that it helps to say to myself that I'm choosing to do this. For A, I've also added action.

Comment

Well said and spot on as usual Kelly, love it.

Larry

Comment

Being recently diagnosed, this article describes exactly how I have been thinking. I have had to adapt many things I do, but I CAN still do them. Great article. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Working...
            X