Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOG: Oh Snap! Broken Leg a "Patient" Reminder (ENCORE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOG: Oh Snap! Broken Leg a "Patient" Reminder (ENCORE)

I broke my leg in May 2010. I blogged about the lesson learned (which I should already know, damn it!). ENCORE:

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2013...-reminder.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I feel your pain! Well felt it, vividly in tear inducing clarity, this past October. I was barefoot standing outside trying to get my disobedient dog to go inside and leave the neighbor kids alone. And i should know better than to get worked up like that, especially while not wearing my AFOs, because with no surprise my legs decided to ungracefully decline to hold me up anymore. Rolled my foot and snapped the fibula and one of the bones in my foot. Since normal crutches are kind of dangerous for us with poor balance I crawled for a few days and pushed myself around in the office chair. Doc told me just to wear the AFOs when the swelling went down and try to stay off of it.
    It still twinges every now and again, I'm sure if I wasn't numb from the knees down It would of been more pain. haha One good thing about this disease, that and how to deal with pain better than "normies"
    Hope you heal fast and aren't incapacitated to long

Comment

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear about your broken leg. Hope your recovery goes by quickly and you're back to 'questing" soon.

Comment

Dave, so sorry for the break and thankful it'll heal so soon and not require a cast. Warm weather is coming and casts are even worse then. You do not deserve to have another challenge thrown at you. Your attitude is an encouragement to so many of us. Thanks, Karen in OR

Comment

Reposted in Blogger! Three years ago--that's a long time. Haven't had a good fall since (knock on wood).
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Good for you! Wish I could say the same. About 4 days ago I fell while in the woods hunting for deer antler sheds. I heard and felt a SNAP in my finger. I don't know what exactly happened to it; not broken as I could bend it right away. Honestly I expected to open my eyes and see it bent backwards. But it has turned the loveliest shade of purple!

Comment

Working...
            X