MS in the Middle East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS in the Middle East

People may not realize how many people, women in particular, have MS in the Middle East. Estimates range as high as 350,000 (the US has 400,000) and there are a number of active MSers from that part of the world. Hundreds of MSers from Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and more have visited here. In a few days there will be a large health summit in Dubai, with multiple sclerosis as a focus. Here's a recent article:
    http://www.tradearabia.com/news/HEAL_192051.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
    People may not realize how many people, women in particular, have MS in the Middle East. Estimates range as high as 350,000 (the US has 400,000) and there are a number of active MSers from that part of the world. Hundreds of MSers from Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and more have visited here. In a few days there will be a large health summit in Dubai, with multiple sclerosis as a focus. Here's a recent article:
    http://www.tradearabia.com/news/HEAL_192051.html
    Yup this is true. My backgrund is from Pakistan and there a lot of people getting it there too despite it being a very sunny country.

This woman has it, shes a very famous Pakistani actress

Comment

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for posting this article. I travel a lot and live outside of the US most of the year and find this information both interesting and useful. Please do post more of the same as you happen upon them.

John

Comment

Hi Dave,

that was a really interesting article considering that myth about people mainly getting it living in colder climates. I couldn't believe the vast majority that get it there in the Arab countries. Almost as much as in the U.S. Makes me wonder, what does cause MS. Will someone ever discover what causes MS? Are they getting closer to finding a cure? Do you think they will find a cure in our lifetime? That actress is so beautiful Ash. I wonder how she is doing now in regard to her condition? I tried looking up in the net for update on her but could not find anything.

Stella

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
          Hi Dave,

that was a really interesting article considering that myth about people mainly getting it living in colder climates. I couldn't believe the vast majority that get it there in the Arab countries. Almost as much as in the U.S. Makes me wonder, what does cause MS. Will someone ever discover what causes MS? Are they getting closer to finding a cure? Do you think they will find a cure in our lifetime? That actress is so beautiful Ash. I wonder how she is doing now in regard to her condition? I tried looking up in the net for update on her but could not find anything.

Stella
          She's doing quite well stella, one of her new releases is due in late May I believe. Shes a model/actor/ms advocate, shes had a few exacerbations and always feels tired but other than that she is doing well!

MS is so closely linked to stress. She's had a lot of stress in her life due to her father, she was talking about it in this talk show. Same with me I grew up in a lot of stress and with a lot of crying

Comment

Also, I kind of believe that ppl in hotter climates are being diagnosed more and more because of the globalization of the world. Like all these countries adopt a western lifestyle. Fast foods, no exercise, high stress levels etc. We really need to go back to eating organic and healthy and not place so much importance on money and superficial things . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by AshNight View Post
              Also, I kind of believe that ppl in hotter climates are being diagnosed more and more because of the globalization of the world. Like all these countries adopt a western lifestyle. Fast foods, no exercise, high stress levels etc. We really need to go back to eating organic and healthy and not place so much importance on money and superficial things . . . .

That is so good to hear that Iman Ali is doing well. She really is beautiful. You know, after you mention it, stress really could be what triggered it in me. I have always led a stressful life. Even now, I have been so stressed and I feel like I am getting some relapse symptoms. So it may be all down to the stress. It is so hard to try not to get stressed but will have to try though if I want to feel better. Also a good diet makes a lot of sense as well. Are you good at sticking to diets Ash? I am not but again, will definitely have to make the extra effort.

Comment

I am not good at sticking to diets, but you gotta do what you gotta do for your health and well being, that should be motivation enough. I suggest meditation or going to a peaceful place a few times a week which is destressing like a church, a pond, your mom's house etc lol

Comment

I would have to take a plane to get to my mom's house!

Comment

Working...
                  X