Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOG: Staring a multiple sclerosis relapse in the face... and blinking (Blog Encore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOG: Staring a multiple sclerosis relapse in the face... and blinking (Blog Encore)

My second relapse, which hit in 2008, surprised me more than any other (other than the one that got me diagnosed, of course). Relapses tend to do that. When that happens, just hang on for the ride. (Originally published in March of 2008.) - Dave

-------------------

It took two and half years from my first attack, which numbed the entire right side of my body in the fall of 2005, for the second relapse to strike. With relapse remitting multiple sclerosis, that second attack was almost certainly going to happen. So it was odd that I didn’t see it coming in March of 2008....

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2011...elapse-in.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

This blog post is the single thing that has calmed my "worst case scenario" fears in a funny way. Because it is to me the worst case....and you can come back. I'm generally uncomfortable when people talk about fighting diseases, because it's usually in reference to the sort of terminal illness that no amount of willpower can hold back - sort of suggests that people die because they didn't try hard enough. But this is different, I will move, I always have done and it makes life worth living

Comment

Glad to help, Peng! And yeah, keep moving. It's a darn good philosophy, especially if you live in Antarctica, ha.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X