ESPN does story on adventurer (and MSer) Wendy Booker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN does story on adventurer (and MSer) Wendy Booker

Wendy is an extreme athlete and has been all over the world. I love her attitude about taking Copaxone.

"If I can inject at 20,000 feet on a glacier on the side of McKinley or the North Pole, it is nothing down here when you are comfortably in your own house," she said. "A challenge is a challenge, be it breast cancer, be it MS, be it losing a job. It's not what happens to you in life, it's how you deal with it."

Check out her story. - D

When Wendy Booker was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in June 1998, she instantly envisioned spending the rest of her life in a wheelchair. Booker's knowledge of the disease was limited to a few of her parents' friends who became debilitated after their diagnosis. But that was a different generation.

Booker, now 57, still believes that panic, ranging from immobilization to much worse, sets in for most newly diagnosed MS patients and their families.

"My then-8-year-old son asked if I was going to die, which is actually the first thing you think of if you don't know anything about the disease," Booker said.

Luckily, she already had embarked on heavy research....

http://espn.go.com/espnw/journeys-vi...great-outdoors
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Thank you for the article, Dave. Wendy is a great inspiration. I also wrote her an email last year and she kindly responded.

Comment

Working...
    X