Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to delay reaching EDSS 6? Drink alcohol and coffee

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0319094518.htm

Ok.....the author does note "this does not imply that certain food and drinks provide a protective effect as other factors may be involved" but...what is the harm oi an occasional alcoholic drink anyway

Summary of findings:

- Patients with relapsing onset MS who consumed moderate amounts of alcohol (one drink a week or more) reached EDSS 6 seven years later than people who did not drink at all and wine drinkers reached it four years later than those who did not drink wine.

- The time differences were insignificant in people with progressive onset MS.

- Daily coffee consumption delayed reaching EDSS 6 by five years in people with relapsing onset MS, but there were no significant differences in people with progressive onset MS.

- Drinking tea daily produced insignificant results in both groups.
    - People with relapsing onset MS who ate fish two or more times a week reached EDSS 6 seven years later than those who ate it less than once a month. It made no difference whether the fish was lean or fatty.

I love it. Looks like I'm going to have to rethink my no drinking during training season policy. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
    X