Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOG: If You Know More About MS than Your Neuro… (encore)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOG: If You Know More About MS than Your Neuro… (encore)

When you first get diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (or at least when the doc seriously suspects it), there are a number of different coping mechanisms. You might try to see just how many tears you can cry before your eyeballs dehydrate and start to deflate. You might watch a marathon of Happy Days episodes just because of the show’s ironic title, but when they sing the theme song at the beginning of every half hour, you substitute Crappy for Happy....

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2012...than-your.html

Originally published April 16, 2009

Is this you? Was this you? Uh, I'm shyly raising my hand.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Yes, was me...

...I was given a probable DX of MS in 95. The web then was not what it is today - but it was there. Spent a lot of time learning what I could - and trying to find stories that would encourage me but without success - so instead found stories or snippets where things not as bad as others.

Sure, still spend time today reading latest research - but that is delivered via my daily google news with keywords of "multiple sclerosis". Is a lot more efficient!

As for good stories - they are out there. Actually started a twitter feed called @msthrivers to record and communicate such stories.

Comment

Ahaha this is what I had to do- just step away from my computer and relax a little. After diagnosis, doing research was my way of being proactive about it, but uh, I got a little too proactive... Sometimes it's good to take a breather and just remember to live life.
      Thanks Dave!

Comment

With this darn internet, it's a little too easy to get so proactive that you stop being active. And then the sun becomes a novelty. And then your skin turns all pasty white. And then you run out of ramen. And then you wonder what happened to the last two months. Urp.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X