BONUS IMAGES: Cooling Vest Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BONUS IMAGES: Cooling Vest Shootout

Here are images, male and female, of the Glacier Tek cooling vest. The far right image is a T-shirt.
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Here are images of the Polar Products "Secret" vest being worn.
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Here are images of the ArcticHeat vest being worn by my wife. NOTE: it is sized to fit me, not Laura, so she is tugging a touch.
      Attached Files
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Here are images of the Steele vest on Laura.
        Attached Files
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave I just joined your group yesterday. I have been researching these vest after reading your article about them and still cannot decide. I am only 5'2" and weigh 160 or so! I don't mind anyone seeing a vest on me, but I want it to not be so heavy. I would like to fell like I don't have a ton of weight on me. I like to be able to flexible so I am a little weary of the ones that you freeze, also I live in the South! Not Good! I am leaning toward the Artic Heat vest, do you think that would be a good fit for me?

Comment

I'll have another series of vest tests coming out in two weeks that may help you make your decision. There will be about a dozen tested in all different categories. Glad to have you aboard!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Wait 4 new reviews

Thanks for doing the research on the vests. Looking forward to the new one coming out before making a decision. Any updates on cooling shirts and bras?

Comment

Alas, I've focused this latest round on vests only, not other accessories like cooling shirts and bras (and wraps and hats and etc.). That's a good question for the main forum in Gear. I'm sure other folks have experiences good/bad.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

For the new year I will have more images with more body types. I hope to have them uploaded in February. Just an FYI.
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

Cooling Vests and Wheelchairs

Have you had anybody with experience with a cooling vest and wheelchair ever chime in? If so, any idea where I might find the thread or which vest preferred?

I am looking between the Glacier Tek and First Line as they appear to be a bit shorter. My concern is your comment about Glacier Tek and the discomfort against your back??? or am I confusing things?

Glacier Tek appears to have better endurance but both appear to last a good bit.

I might be missing something but is First line the only one that does not need anything or do the other phase change vests also need no freezer, refrig., etc. unless speed is needed.

okay, thanks Dave, appreciate so very much activemsers.

Quick question: I know you have not really tested everyday wheelchairs, but does there happen to be a thread I am missing with people speaking about them? If so, I would appreciate a tip on where to find it. or any resources/forums you might happen to be aware of.

Thanks, have a great day!

Comment

The Glacier Tek Flex Vest is great on the back. The Concealable vest is more humpy and not as comfortable. I also really dig the First Line Technology vest, and it is quite comfortable to wear seated. FLT vest is the only one I've tested that can be worn at room temps.

As for w/c tips, I have not officially reviewed them. But I recommend light weight, foldable, with wheels that easily pop off. You'll want to get custom fitted. Insurance should cover it. - D
                      Dave Bexfield
                      ActiveMSers

Comment

Thanks Dave

Yep, thanks. I think I am going with the First Line. It seems like it will be the best fit for me. And I am going to get some extra inserts etc.

This last week I went for my wheelchair eval. and it looks like insurance will probably help with the special seat cushion and back and wheelchair etc.

My PT even asked if I had driving goals. I said, heck yeah. My hubby and I had talked about how to get hand controls. So, I am excited to get back into rehab, and all the program to follow.

My chair will be an ultralight rigid frame custom built with quick release wheels etc.

FYI, I am still going with the cooling vest, but there is a company that now makes a wheelchair seat back that has fans inside for cooling in the heat. and then heat coils for winter if needed. rechargeable battery.

I had no idea. But I thought it was interesting and passing it along.

(ps - I have my semi-official diagnosis. systemic autoimmune in the family of Lupus. Beyond that, Johns Hopkins is the place I would have to go if there is hope for a name.) If you crossed NMO with Lupus, you would have me. lol. Treatment - long term immunosuppressant therapy. One thing at a time.

I am happy my PT understand my activity and my goals, and are happy to be supportive.

As for your newsletter email, I would vote this is one of the best websites not just for MS but diseases that can relate.

Have a great weekend, C

Comment

Working...
                        X