Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming tests: what would you like to see compared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming tests: what would you like to see compared?

What MS/fitness-related products do you want to see tested, compared, flogged, poked, prodded, and abused so you can make smarter purchasing decisions? Let's start a list here!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

The Fitbit has been placed on the to-do list. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-FB101-W...6637524&sr=8-1
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Ok...I am going to request this...

Comparison of adult diapers

Comment

Adult bikes with training wheels vs trikes vs other peddal powered cycles.

Comment

I can honestly say that Depends are superior to store brand on this one lol
          Originally posted by garyp View Post
          Comparison of adult diapers

Comment

Okay, I started researching Gary's question and ended up at iDiaper (not related to the iPad and not associated with Apple). And there are a bazzilion types and brands, just like there are for babies.

» Shop by Type
            - Incontinence Briefs
            - Incontinence Pads
            - Adult Diaper Cover
            - Adult Cloth Diapers
            - Belted Undergarments
            - Incontinence Pants
            - Disposable Diapers
            - Adult Swim Diaper

And it turns out about one third of those over 60 have some regular incontinence issues although it happens at any age (even healthy teenagers). With MS it's obviously a good bit more common. That said, conducting a diaper shootout isn't on my short list but, sigh, it would be really interesting to see what works best. So we'll keep it on the list!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

The visualization of the term "iDiaper" could be very rich. When will the iDiaper 5 be available

Thanks Dave. Had no idea that there were so many different types of diaper. I got one package from the store a while ago - and concluded that was not going to work. Could not even figure out what was the front and what was the back - and what if you want to have a catcher (sorry, we are in world series almost season) for both poop and pee...then, er, where does the padding go exactly? Looking at the list of types below clearly the correct type not purchased!

Am also thinking about how such items could be tested in an independent way. Dave was incredibly creative with testing cooling vests by using a simple manikin then hanging the vest on there to check temperatures at different intervals. Could the same manikins be re-used and instead put a diaper on them, then add water and check back at intervals on whether or not has leaked? How would you do poop though? Thinking about this could be even richer than the term "idiaper"!

Comment

The Fitbit will be tested in the coming weeks. Alas Gary, "personal protection garments", which we'll just call PPGs, won't be tested in the near term. But the importance of PPGs can't be understated and is a topic even NASA has addressed.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave,

I would be willing to test anything wheelchair related or anything that would be usefull to someone who is wheelchair bound. I know I am not an expert in wheelchairs but when I was getting ready to order a custom chair I did alot of reaserch. I knew exatly what I wanted and why I wanted it. My chair was put together so it would help me along with daily chalanges with my MS. I can do a write up of why I made the choices I did if anyone would like me to. Let me know. I would like to see a study on all of the different front casters that one can use on a wheelchair. The range is huge: hard, soft, wide, skinny, urethane, rubber, small , large, the list goes on. Posibly one on rear tires as well. Solid, bike style tubed, tread, no tread, offroad again the list goes on. I know this would for a limited number of us but it could be benifichal for someone thinking about the posibility of of a wheelchair. Thanks.

Comment

There are many companies who make rollators, but the designs don't vary by much. May I suggest rollator designs?

Comment

That would be cool, Sparky. I already have some thoughts on this....
                      Dave Bexfield
                      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                      X