If you can't beat MS...you can at least beat flatulence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can't beat MS...you can at least beat flatulence

Ok. How many among us deal with flatulence problems? The frequency, the smell, the lack of ability to control when they enter this beautiful green earth?

Since my last big relapse...has been a problem for me which has gotten steadily worse. I am concerned that the EPA may declare me a superfund site to deal with the less then amiable smell.

So..was watching the Friday evening show "Sharktank" on ABD. On this show, budding entreprenuers come on to pitch their product or service to several very wealthy business people - in the hope tha one of them will choose to providing some funding to develop their product or service further or get it to market faster etc..

A very nice couple came on. And with great sensitivity and wit, introduced a produce designed to help people with flatulence. Basically....is a piece of clothing that is first of all designed to stop the gas quickly exiting into the air...and instead quietly exhales through a filter designed to turn it into a neutral smell.

While the sharks elected not to fund this....I did. Well, not for the next round of marketing - more in the I decided to buy one end of the funding spectrum.

It arrived a few weeks ago. And it works. You wear it over your underwear - and voila, superfund site no more.

This product unfortunately does not help in any way with noise associated with gas exiting things, nor does it stop things having a need to urgently exit. But it does clean up the smell. My wife is extremely happy with the product as well, but more from a different perspective....

It can be purchased here >> http://www.under-tec.com/index.php

..and for only 30.95 plus shipping, multiple friendships, significant other relationships etc. can be saved.

Wait, there is more...sorry, this is not one of those long TV commercials. Over and out.

That is awesome! i need to buy one for my SO, who doesn't have MS but room clearing gas none-the-less lol

Comment

I like your support group idea better.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Beating flatulance

Hey, I'm not really that new at this ( diagnosed 2 years age ) but I had no idea that flatulance (such a fancy word for farting) was an MS thing, but that really explains a lot. I thought my vegan diet was to blame so that is great news! I find it soo embarassing. On a recent trip to the lovely and wonderful USA I thought what the hell I'm going to eat whatever I like, hot dogs, cheese pizza etc. The farting didn't change! But you know, I'm now having symptoms I didn't have whilst on diet, mainly what I've seen described as the 'ms hug.' Really sucks, like the rest of ms.

Comment

Another option...

..is biofeedback, where you are taught how to strengthen muscles in the rectal area. This did not work for me, but may be an option for others.

Comment

I stink therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by garyp View Post
              Ok. How many among us deal with flatulence problems? The frequency, the smell, the lack of ability to control when they enter this beautiful green earth?

Since my last big relapse...has been a problem for me which has gotten steadily worse. ...
              i just joined this site/forum while searching for cooling vest. i see this is an old thread BUT, the condition you and others describe i've had since late 1989, and i have MS. maybe it was a flare back then don't know. but one of the top 3-5 issues with my MS is this gas thing and gastro upheavals in general, and its neg effects on socializing, much less eating out.

doctors & neuros just sort of shrug off the issue. gastro doctors "seemingly" thought i was nuts. you folks know the story, you've been through it.

just wanted to vent a bit and say i'm very happy to see other MSers with this, only in the sense of it appears other MSers have it, and this is sort of a validation of one of my MS symptoms. must be part of our MS right?, like nothing has fixed it. but some time frames of the year, it subsides a bit and rears its ugly head, never to go away.

hope all are doing well and i'll check out the product. glad you posted!

Comment

Working...
              X