Tremors after exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremors after exercise?

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to ask a question for the active crowd. I'm currently undx, but have something that's acting a lot like MS and similar diseases.

I pushed my limits today and went on a 7 mile hike through the Mississippi Palisades. The last decline into the park left my legs a little jiggly and weak, but I made it another 1/2 mile to the car. We rested for a bit, then drove to the overlooks, which also involved quite a bit of walking and rolling terrain. I was pleased with how my body handled this.

Then about 4 hours after leaving, riding home, then relaxing and getting my pics posted, I got up to make some soup and my legs, torso and arms were shaking harder than I've seen in 2 years.

I'm wondering if this was a glycogen/water/electrolyte balance thing, or if it was a muscle fatigue/neurological thing. The reason I ask is that it started several hours after the activity was over. I'm a little stumped, thinking muscle fatigue/neurological would be worse right away and get better with rest.

Any ideas?

I would think that anytime you push your limits, you might expect to experience some strange side effects, especially if you have a neurological or muscular condition. I wouldn't think that's necessarily a reason not to do it though. Kudos for pushing!

Comment

Thanks, AMF. I've been doing a little reading on endurance events and replenishing your stores (which is what this was for me). It looks like I waited too long to do this. About an hour after the hike and against my better judgment, we stopped on the way home and picked up junk food and pop at a convenience store. Then it was another few hours before I finally made something decent. I'll be sure not to make this mistake again.

I'm so glad to have pushed the limits. It's the only way to know what you're capable of. This was a real triumph for me. I felt like a million bucks the next morning.

Comment

Working...
      X