The woods and me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The woods and me

Hi all, this is just a general " I am happy with my life" post. Yesterday I went for such a wonderful kayak paddle. It was an organized group, and we went out of Cold Spring into the marshlands (Constitution Marsh) of the Hudson River east bank, with West Point across the River. Just a magnificent spot, and a great paddle, stunning views when we least expected it of West Point, the Hudson Valley and the Palisades, and saw heron and a bald eagle.... We threaded our way through the canals of the marsh and got deeper and deeper into more of a woods setting. At the end of this stream, we beached, and got out to have lunch by a waterfall.... really!! I had my trekking poles lashed to the kayak, so once they hoisted me out, I was able to do the walk over the rocks and tree roots on my own. Sitting in the woods, amidst the peace and quiet and beauty of the setting I realized it had been too long since I was last in the deep woods. Can't quite put words to my contentment.
    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Hi Veronica,

Well doesn't that sound amazing! Brings back great memories for me. I still enjoy the tranquility of nature but in my case the car is my kayak and pavement and flat grass are my "rocks and tree roots". Even with my "kayak" it's still possible to find some nice spots to enjoy nature. Looking forward to doing just that in Sept and Oct when the weather is a little cooler and I can enjoy the sunshine as well.*

Thanks for sharing

"the only difference between a happy ending and a sad ending is where you decide the story ends."
    — Andrew Kaufman

Comment

Veronica, thanks for taking us all to the woods. I was right there with you. It certainly is a special feeling.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

I love the trees, the sound of the wind through the pines, how the maple trees wave their leaves at you in a gentle breeze.

I think that a dose of "happy with my life" should be taken as needed.

...\O/...
        Liv__Well
        ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Fantastic Veronica, brought back memories of New York in the fall. Just beautiful.

Comment

Working...
          X