Road Bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Bike!

Well, I finally got myself a skinny-tire machine! I'm planning on doing an MS Bike next year, so I've been keeping my eye out. This one came along and I snatched it up. Skinny tires and balance issues is gonna lead to some road rash, I think!

Post a pic, Slugger! Let's see your new wheels. I thought about becoming a roady, and then I realized that if my vision gets mucked up when I'm biking, the open road is probably not a great place for me to be.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

I get fit for it and pick it up today - pics to follow!

For now, I'm concentrating on running and hiking, so the roadie and mtn bike are only for play, to tool around and see the world at a different speed. So I'm not *too* worried about vision stuff, as mine usually comes and stays for awhile, so I just wouldn't ride then. Don't know what will happen once I start training seriously - wobble across that bridge when I get there, I guess!

Comment

Took my first ride on her today (besides the test ride, of course)! Wheee!! Averaged over 16 mph, which is pretty stinkin' good for me, even if it was only for 15 minutes. She's a lot less stable than my mtn bike, though - that's going to take some getting used to. Time to go play on some hills!

Didn't have my camera, but this is just about what she looks like:

Comment

sweeeeeeet wheels!!!!

Comment

Thanks!

Took her for another spin today - 10 miles just cruising around a nearby lake. I got to go fassssssst! She and I have some very good times ahead of us.

Comment

Phenomenal

Slugger,

Just now managed to stumble onto this site, so glad to see you have a road bike post started.

I did get my mtn bike down, gave her a badly needed overhaul and was just starting to ride leisurely when I got a call from my youngest daughter to do the Tour de Tucson with her. So I've had to change my plans and a few parts on the roadie and try to get my speed up such that I stand a chance of finishing that ride before the bike seat permanently attaches to my posterior anatomy. Already pushing 50 miles at almost 15 MPH with still 2 months to go. I think I've got a chance at completing the 109 miles in under 7 hours.

Read your trekking post, you are truly an inspiration, AND a good writer. Looking forward to trading tips and stories on this site especially when training for the 150 starts.

AMF

Comment

Working...
              X