Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Stuff I Think About While on the .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stuff I Think About While on the .....

I saw this thread on a biking site the other day. Some of the posts were hilarious. It could pertain to any activity. This is some of the stuff I remember from my bike ride today.

Wow, that is the healthiest looking coyote I've ever seen!

Awas Tupai!!!!! ( I speak to the squirrels in a foreign language, rabbits and ducks too. Since I haven't run into one yet, I figure they must understand.)

Ack, glass!!!!!

Crap, more glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who would do that!

"Little bunny foo foo hoppin down the bunny trail" Lookout rabbit!

Geez those are big birds. Were those crows or ravens?
    Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 09-22-2010, 12:18 AM.

Thoughts while on the bike

MAMIL

So, if MAMIL is Middle Age Men In Lycra, what does that make me?

I got it!!!!! I'm an OGIL, Old Guy In Lycra. Got to google that when I get home.

(I did GOOGLE it and it hadn't been coined yet. It's a FIRST!!!!!) Watch out for those OGIL's on bikes out there, one of them could be ME.

Comment

Thoughts while on the bike:

Did I lock the front door? Concentrate!!! Concentrate!!!!

Dang I should of put on a jacket. It's freakin cold. Better wash some fleece pullovers tonight.

Did I turn off the coffee maker? I think I did? I'm not turning back, I'm not turning back to check. F...k it!!!

HEY!!! Watch it!! I'm riding here, I'm, riding here! Cagers!!!!

Wow!!!! Nice bike. Double WOW!!! Nice guy on said bike.

I better not have 10,000 messages on my voice mail when I get to the office. What do they think I am a slave??? They sure pay me like one. Oh wait, slaves don't get paid. Anyway, I should quit. I should march up to Dan and say, "You can take this job and shove....

WHOA!!!! Sorry!!! I didn't see you there. My bad. Thanks for not killing me.

Whew that was close. Concentrate!! concentrate!!!! Did I turn off the kitchen faucet?

Comment

Saturday on the bike path!

10/16/10

Alright, an easy week, boy do I need it, had absolutely nothing yesterday, completely wiped out, hope that means this was a good training period, guess I won’t find out till next week.

Saturday on the bike path, this’ll put a lot more strain on the nerves than the legs or the cardio. Nice easy ride, just be careful.

There’s that old guy with the standard poodle. “On your left”. Hmm, just like before, They both stop, the dog sits and never even blinks when I go by. One of these times I gotta compliment that guy on his dog. If I ever get another dog, I’m going to look at standard poodles.

ROAD KILL! Wait a minute, this is a bike path for crying out loud, how the H… does a big squished rat get into the middle of it? Dog? Coyote? Human? Yuck, that’s disgusting.

Construction zone! Whoa, that’s a mo’ fo’ big front loader, hey, he’s going to let me go through! Maybe these guys are starting to recognize me.

Oh boy, three girls on cruisers, obliviously chatting away, no helmets, and crap, they're all blonde! Watch out, be really careful! “On your left”,… “ON YOUR LEFT”, “PASSING ON YOUR LEFT”, "OK, ON YOUR RIGHT, ON YOUR RIGHT", "ALRIGHT, COMING THROUGH THE MIDDLE, COMING THROUGH, YOU'RE FINE, JUST STAY THERE", "THANKS GIRLS, NICE BIKES"! Whew, knew that wouldn’t be easy.

Cleavage allert!!! WOW, check out that cleavage, nice looking girl too. Good thing the wasps are gone, that sure looked like a wasp scoop to me. Bet that’d hurt like the devil!

In line skater coming, fast! It’s that older guy. Hey, he actually waved! I think he’s the one that used to just glare at bikers. Wonder what changed his attitude? Cool!

Walkers! “On your left”.

Moms with baby strollers. “On your left”.

Skate boarder, AND seriously plugged in, watch out! “ON YOUR LEFT”. Whew!

Bike with baby trailer, “on your left”, “Hey mom, nice day huh?"

What’s this? One, two, three ... six people, standing around on the trail, bikes on the side, one chick right in the middle talking on her cell. “HEADS UP”, “COMING THROUGH”, “HELLO…. HELLO!!!”. Geez, WTF was that!

Ahh, more cleavage, wow, she is stunningly gorgeous, must be the boy friend right behind. Tell you what pal, if that were my girl friend, she’d be wearing a helmet! You’re only bullet proof until you’re not, you know.

Runners! "On your left".

Marchers, lots of marchers??????? "Coming by on your left, coming by, still coming by, thanks."

Good, home stretch, ran the gauntlet one more time and escaped unscathed, if I were drinking, cocktail hour would open early today, but still… pretty much fun, a little nerve wracking but pretty much fun.... and always interesting! Marchers? Wonder what that was all about??
        Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 10-18-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Saturday was the first time on the trike in about 5 months, I knew it would hurt but such a beautiful day! We (SO had dd in the trailor on his bike and me on my trike) rode to a restaurant for dinner, 6 miles round trip

Oh why can't there be shocks on this thing! Those bumps HURT! Or why can't they fix the cracks better?

Oh yay, cross the busy street. Oh your letting me across? Thank you you!

Oww, more bumps

Wow my cadence is steady today this is a first!

Oh yay we're here, dang it I didn't bring my cane "Robert get over here so I can hold on to you!"

Oh yay the up hill ride back blah

Oww this hurts, this hurts, this hurts! Why is home always UP hill?!

Oh yay a huge patch of stickers! hope the slime in these tires holds!

Whew one more block, push it push it!

Ok now these horrid stairs, good thing we are moving soon I can't do these much longer. A few more and COUCH! Yay I made it!!

Comment

I Love The Wind

DW: Going for a ride?

ME: Yep.

DW: Nice day for it, be gone long?

ME: 2 or 3 hours, with luck.

DW: It’s windy!

ME: I know, I LOVE THE WIND!

OK, feeling pretty good, this should be all right.

Yeah, looks like there’s a little wind, always hard to tell exactly what it’s doing along here.

Crap, definitely a wind, can’t tell which direction yet, going to turn east pretty soon, guess we’ll see what happens.

OK, looks like it’s coming out of the south, shouldn’t be too bad, maybe I’ll even get a push back home.

Hmmm, that’s got to be a 15 mph wind.

Whoa, let go of my wheel, I’m steering this puppy, wonder who thought of bladed spokes anyway?.

Crap, that had to be a 25 MPH broadside, just breathe, pay attention.

Not so windy on this hill, I think I like this, that wind was knocking me around pretty good.

Crap, gusting at least 25, maybe 30, hope this wasn’t a mistake.

Ah, so we meet head to head on the long hill huh, well I’m NOT dropping to my granny for you!

Wow, a whole 6 MPH, this could take a while, but hey, I got the time, feels like I might even have the legs today too.

Five more miles until the loop back, kind of in the zone, those gusts though, I can make five more miles.

Just breathe, don’t need to kill myself here, just breathe, spin a little, stay in the drops.

Only about a quarter of a mile to go and I get a tail wind, got it made, got it made.

Whooo Hooo, now we’re movin’, WOW, sit up, catch it all, whoa, we are haulin’. I got to get a bigger chainring for this thing.

Yeah, that was great!

God I love the wind, I love the wind, I love my bike, I love days like this, I love the wind.

Comment

Working...
            X