Caffeine for stamina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffeine for stamina

I knew caffeine was in all those energy drinks, but I just looked on it as a way to keep the tired awake. Now, I know it can provide stamina all on its own.

I used to drink coffee 24/7, but stomach discomfort made me give it up about five years ago. Still get an uncontrollable urge every once in a while. And, so it happened a couple of weeks ago. Before I went for my workout, I had a cup of coffee ... and had an absolutely stellar workout. But, that could have been random chance, so I skipped a few workouts. My reps and times instantly went back to normal. Then, I did two consecutive sessions with a cup prior to working out. PRESTO! Instant workout star.

So, if you're not already drinking coffee and you need some extra stamina, you can find it in that coffee pot.

One note of emphasis though, it provides stamina, not strength. Strength is why you do two more reps each session. (Well, that's my goal anyway.)

Craig

Sounds good to me!

Comment

I recall reading a couple of studies in some Sports Physiology journal that caffeine does indeed improve performance. There were a couple of caveats though. Consuming caffeine every day reduced the effectiveness. Also caffeine consumption one to two hours prior to exercise seemed to be optimum. If I ever come across those studies again I will post them here.

Comment

Working...
      X